Who do you tolerate??

My girlfriends mother.

Vegan, which is ok, except she constantly reminds me meat is (delicious) murder.
Doesn't like anything that costs money.
Doesn't like anyone who looks a way she disagrees with (tattoos etc).
Hypochondriac.
Doesn't like where her daughter and I live (5km down the road from them, but "laundry is too big for the kitchen, too far away, too dangerous etc")
Terrible with money (early 50's, $100k savings, renting, Father earns 6 figures).
Won't drive anywhere she hasn't been before, unless accompanied as she gets lost for hours... Seriously.

"Expert" Australian drivers who don't recognise the slow lane as a lane at all.
Sometimes I'd love to be cop for a day!

My Cat.

Bought a $1000 rug some months back and he wee's on it, numerous times...
Washed it, sprayed some sort of repellent on it and he wee's on again !!!
So had to roll it up and put into storage.

Then he wee's on my golf putting practice mat a couple days ago, right in the golf hole !!!

It's really hard to get angry at him though.

"Expert" Australian drivers who don't recognise the slow lane as a lane at all.
Sometimes I'd love to be cop for a day!

Last weekend I saw a cop pull over someone for being in the right hand lane .

Three lanes no one in two left ones and the police sat behind them for about a k at which stage the drive must have realised the police were there , pulled into the middle lane at which stage the police pulled him over .

First time I think I've ever seen it .

Cliff

Long story short
Tolerate-
Where to start- mother In law would come and visit at my house for two months, sits on her **** for that time, a couple of days before she leaves, asks us to buy a roast and cooks a roast to say thank you. Next day, makes sandwich with left overs for her and my hubby (then fianc?) and sits down to eat. I think, hmm, ok, I'll make my own.. None left!!
Several rude gestures later. When I'm six months pregnant, she turns up on interstate holiday at our place with a surprise for us. She decided to bring all my hubby's cellared wines interstate with her for them to drink together. Most was red wine from Tasmania that was aged for up to 10 years. After they consumed about 5 bottles and I wasn't drinking as I was pregnant she told me she hated red wine.
Toleration wears thin when my kids get treated like crap.
Did lose it a bit when we were invited a family dinner. (Inlaws)
Mother in law insisted they were one seat short at table for dinner. My 18 month old would have to stand at the corner of the table. Two people called and said they would be half an hour late, start without us. Mother in law insisted my son still had to stand to eat while two seats were vacant. I insisted my son should sit, all downhill from there! I think that is totally nutty behaviour, they think I'm nasty.
I do continue to tolerate crap from hubby's mum. His sister is the same. I'm willing to take the crap from his mum, because it's his mum, but not his sister.
I can't help but feel hubby's family is so greedy. I can't think of a single time his mum has ever shouted us dinner or movies after the numerous times we have shouted. If mother inlaw ever took kids anywhere we paid for her plus kids. Last Mother's Day she asked if we wanted to put in for a takeaway meal at her place. I thought, 'wow, how sad, I'm never going to be able look back and think you did something nice, after possibly 100 meals we've shouted you, can never have one good memory, your loss'!

Been lucky, the absolute intolerables have stayed mostly away, the hard to tolerates, have shown some huge redeeming quality

hope most feel that there is something tolerable about me

Long story short
Tolerate-
Where to start- mother In law would come and visit at my house for two months, sits on her **** for that time, a couple of days before she leaves, asks us to buy a roast and cooks a roast to say thank you. Next day, makes sandwich with left overs for her and my hubby (then fianc?) and sits down to eat. I think, hmm, ok, I'll make my own.. None left!!
Several rude gestures later. When I'm six months pregnant, she turns up on interstate holiday at our place with a surprise for us. She decided to bring all my hubby's cellared wines interstate with her for them to drink together. Most was red wine from Tasmania that was aged for up to 10 years. After they consumed about 5 bottles and I wasn't drinking as I was pregnant she told me she hated red wine.
Toleration wears thin when my kids get treated like crap.
Did lose it a bit when we were invited a family dinner. (Inlaws)
Mother in law insisted they were one seat short at table for dinner. My 18 month old would have to stand at the corner of the table. Two people called and said they would be half an hour late, start without us. Mother in law insisted my son still had to stand to eat while two seats were vacant. I insisted my son should sit, all downhill from there! I think that is totally nutty behaviour, they think I'm nasty.
I do continue to tolerate crap from hubby's mum. His sister is the same. I'm willing to take the crap from his mum, because it's his mum, but not his sister.
I can't help but feel hubby's family is so greedy. I can't think of a single time his mum has ever shouted us dinner or movies after the numerous times we have shouted. If mother inlaw ever took kids anywhere we paid for her plus kids. Last Mother's Day she asked if we wanted to put in for a takeaway meal at her place. I thought, 'wow, how sad, I'm never going to be able look back and think you did something nice, after possibly 100 meals we've shouted you, can never have one good memory, your loss'!

This is really sad.
What I find worse, is your partner allowed the 18 month to stand, and you had to insist. (good for you!)

My Cat.

Bought a $1000 rug some months back and he wee's on it, numerous times...
Washed it, sprayed some sort of repellent on it and he wee's on again !!!
So had to roll it up and put into storage.

Then he wee's on my golf putting practice mat a couple days ago, right in the golf hole !!!

It's really hard to get angry at him though.

Just put him outside for a day next time he does it

It will work a treat

Hmm

Interesting question

At the end of the day you just have to realise everyone is different and not everyone is out to rule the world, or even their own

If someone wants to be mates then just accept it and have fun with them for who they are

You can't choose your friends and if you start doing so it's a dangerous game

This is really sad.
What I find worse, is your partner allowed the 18 month to stand, and you had to insist. (good for you!)

Yes, I did have to question why and my conclusion is that he was treated with the same neglect.
Another horrible thing I thought of was my mother-in-law requesting that I never have her go to my oldest child's primary school because she had health issues and wouldn't be able to make it up the hill. Bit of a shock, Very awkwardly one night at school when they had open class room at the school to show off the kids work mother inlaw was walking up a path a few metres away from us to view her neighbours kids work at the same time we were walking up. She viewed the neighbours kids schoolwork then came and greeted us and said she'd look at my daughters work. The viewing time was over...

Back