Who do you tolerate??

Dr Phil here.....
Most judgments of others are ego strategies to avoid uncomfortable feelings. However, if you lack the awareness of where they come from, they can lead to even more discomfort down the line.

Now let's get this straight we all judge.

I think if a topic is unpleasant then its very easy....... just vote with your fingers and ignore it, then its not an issue.:)

oooh looks like I hit a nerve Dr Phil?
You can do the walking with your fingers but I don't ignore anyone. Don't want to miss anything that might be useful or beautiful. Thanks all the same.

Ahh yes. That reminds me. Besides certain people, one of the least tolerable things to me is religious gobbledygook

What a pity - books can help so much. I guess that means you haven't heard Jim Rohn's lecture?
This isn't the one I'm thinking of but it's not bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxbPSGsx1nk

oooh looks like I hit a nerve Dr Phil?
You can do the walking with your fingers but I don't ignore anyone. Don't want to miss anything that might be useful or beautiful. Thanks all the same.

What a pity - books can help so much. I guess that means you haven't heard Jim Rohn's lecture?

Not sure why my name came up there in the quote above, I didn't actually say that. Can't stand religious hypocrisy either though dressed up in fancy language.

Seriously? EVERYONE judges, you included. You just judged posters on this thread to have a superiority complex as though you're above that... pot, kettle?

yeah you're right, not above it at all and don't pretend to be. Again, it's a case of going to the butcher for the bread.
The blame game gets us nowhere though, does it?

Definitely my FIL. Always thought he was a selfish, opinionated man. One example, when we lived near him and I wanted to get a dog, because he and MIL don't like dogs he said no one would help us with it (the dog) and they wouldn't visit us. Anyway, we eventually moved to the other side of the world and didn't need their help, or their visits. Four years later FIL is coming over to spend five weeks holiday with us. Hoping he's mellowed with age, but in any case I won't be rising to his bait if there is any. I'll keep my temper and feelings to myself so that hubby and dad can enjoy their time together.
Time to get a dog? :D

Thank you for sharing, and I wish your family a Merry Xmas.
It must be very difficult for your children, in time hopefully they will understand.
Chances are...the in laws are very jealous of you...for whatever reason.

Thanks Kathryn, Merry Christmas to you and your family also! x
I think it can only get easier.
Yes, I think you are totally correct. It's something beyond my control that I just can't change. It was my sis- in-law's call to totally exclude me and hubby from her life. It will make my life easier though as she increasingly goes out of her way to try to make us feel bad about ourselves and try to tear our family apart. We still have a beautiful little family which is the most important!

I tolerate pick up artists/MRA men who've had their heads in the manosphere for too long, and believe that one day they can rid the world of the wimminz by having robots to fulfil their sexual needs, and when people call them out they call them SJWs. but, hey, what you gonna do -

Back