Who Gives Xmas Cards/Gifts for their PM/Tenant?

Do You Buy your PM/Tenant a Xmas Gift/Card?

• Total voters
Reading a few older posts, I have come across some people issuing Xmas cards to their PM's and tenants.

As I have never done this before, I thought it would be interesting to see who does and does not do it and the reasons why.

For me, never thought of it before.

What about you?

This is one of those topics that has been done to death.

NO! I don't give presents. I treat my IPs as my Business, so I model myself on other, bigger Businesses. When my bank gives me a present for paying my loan, or the Electricity Company give me a gift for paying their bill, or the telephone/internet provider give me a gift, then I will think about giving my tenant a gift.

As for the PM, well, they are there to do a job. If (and that is a big IF) they perform above and beyond what I expect for them, then they may receive a gift, otherwise I expect them to do their job. BTW, one of my PMs DID get a gift from me last year as they really did go beyond the call of duty. :cool:

Now have have to give them presents to do the job they are already paid to do.

LMAO

As the customer of the PM Agency or REA, I would have naivley thought that if anything, the landlord would be the one deserving a Christmas card or something mofre than the PM... but then again, i'm biassed apparently.

Now have have to give them presents to do the job they are already paid to do.

LMAO

As the customer of the PM Agency or REA, I would have naivley thought that if anything, the landlord would be the one deserving a Christmas card or something mofre than the PM... but then again, i'm biassed apparently.

We once received a Christmas card from a PM, and it wasn't one of those preprinted ones that goes out as a bulk mailing, it was a normal card hand written by her with just her name, no advertising for the agency at all. She was pretty special though.

Just received my first electronic Christmas card of the year from a real estate agent. It goes something like this...

"Wishing you and all your family a very Merry Christmas, and if you are interested in selling any property, or could recommend me to any friends or family......" blah blah blah you get the picture.

Are you touting for business, or concerned about my family's wellbeing? because you can't do both at the same time.

This happens every year and so I've had my annual whinge about it....

I voted no.
We do not give our tenants anything.
This year we will be giving our supers a Xmas bonus.
They have exceded our expectations, while we have been here in Australia.
I have noticed that tenants act a lot different when we are present, than when they have to deal with our supers.
Not for the better..the tenants are in for a big surprise when we return :)

as this is my first Christmas not being an agent in 7 years i am feeling a little unloved :( we actually had to go out wine shopping last night.. usually i would get that many when i was an agent we would have no need to buy any at christmas time. Chocolate, wine & hampers from everyone you can think of - tenants, landlords, tradespeople, advertising people...

new industry isn't as into cards and wine - its more about dinners, lunches and all night pub sessions :D

Ok, I was the '1' for giving a card & present...maybe it just harks back to the ol days when we'd give the garbo a 6 pack at XMas time...I know I'm soft but I think it's good for business.

pm - yes as she has been my pm for 10 years, works hard, gives lots of free advice and i consider her a friend (box of chocs goes a long way)

tenant - no

voted "sometimes" to cover both

I'm even meaner..we have given eviction notices in December before.:D

LOL! Me too! :D

I think it only fair that if I've got to pay my bills, then the tenants do too, and I don't care what time of year it is, if they need a little shove from an eviction/tribunal, then that's fine by me. :D

I'm even meaner..we have given eviction notices in December before.:D

Dont see why you should have to hold off on normal practice just because it is december.

Yes it is sad it is before christmas... but December is just another business month after all.

Dont see why you should have to hold off on normal practice just because it is december.

Yes it is sad it is before christmas... but December is just another business month after all.

And this particular instance (it was last December) the tenant provided us $100 cash and the remainder in cheques..all of which bounced..even the replacement ones.He had only moved in on Dec 1 !!!
We heard every excuse..including the bank put a hold on his paycheque for 7 days.
We decided to cut our lossess and evict.

For us, December and January are always difficult, as tenants have usually budgeted for Xmas presents and not rent.

No gifts for tenants - one PM gives all tenants a bottle of wine.

Never given to PM before, but considering it this year as she has gone above and beyond sorting out a mess for us.
Marg

Back