Who needs a rate rise when Oil to hit US $60 by Xmas

Thommo said:
None of the above!!! We are in a comfort zone, confident that our dear leader will deliver. I use a 4c voucher when I buy, claim back the GST and reduce my taxable i/c by the remainder. My CC gives me time to pay and I get FF points. Who me worry?

T

Im in the exact same boat Thommo, i dont usually worry about the price of petrol. Its out of our control so why stress about it. My wife puts those discount vouchers in my car but i forget to use them. :D

likewow said:
i dont usually worry about the price of petrol. Its out of our control so why stress about it.
Think about the statement above.....

Isn't it also true that when buying investment properties or shares the value is also out of your control (you can renovate/repurpose property, but this isn't a guarantee of increased value either).

That's why investors do their research, identify opportunities & select their investments wisely to maximise their returns.

If petrol prices are high, but people are driving as much as ever, what does that say for an investment in oil companies?

The price may be out of any person's control - but the investment decision isn't!

Talking about the high price of petrol is what non-investor do.

Uncovering the opportunity this presents is what good investors do!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back