Who to speak to in Canberra re: IP

Just wondering if anyone can suggest whom i may discuss the purchase of an IP and some numbers and ways of doing things.

Just need to get my head around the workings of all this :)

Any suggestions welcomed

zero - there have been a few posts on this subject.

Search for CRIN - Canberra Real Estate Investors network. THere's a few posts about it, however, noone posts any more, and i will admit to having not been to a meeting.

considering this is the 2nd post in a very short period of time however, I'm gonna put it out there though, and see if maybe a meet can be arranged.

Is there enough interest from other Canberrans in this regard ?

Where abouts in Canberra are you from ?

Im Located Tuggeranong side of Canberra but really canberra isnt a huge place to travel for a meeting

I know a few friends whom are also looking to discuss options regarding IP with someone.

# Ive found a property in Young (Rural NSW) im looking to purchase for $160,000 with a rental return at the moment of $160 a week , I own my property in Canberra that i live in worth about $380K which i now own so have equity and a deposit saved up.

I want to discuss my options if i negative gear the IP property im looking at or just use the rent and my income to pay it off as quickly as possible etc So they maybe simple answers but property isnt my thing yet :)

Zero, I just recently had Ed Nixon recommended to me. I spoke with his colleague Nadia and I have to say she was excellent. We are now in the process of organising finance, etc. for my first IP and I feel like I am in very safe and knowledgeable hands.

If there was going to be a Canberra meet up, I'd certainly be interested, Camel. I'm in Tuggeranong also

Shuttergirl

Thankyou for the reply and feedback regarding Ed Nixon , I will give them a call tommorow and organise to have a good chat with them regarding what im after.

A meetup would be wonderful if we could get something organised.

Ed knows his stuff. (His team as well!) He organised a business loan for me for Subway, even though that's not his line, and it cost him heaps of work for little return.

He's done a few refinances for me with great results.

CRIN do have events, but they are not posting in the forum. I used to be actively involved before Subway, but I don't even have the time to attend meetings now. The next email I get, I'll post on the forum.

thanks from me too

I'm also in Canberra (Tuggeranong) and would be interested too.
With a couple of IP's I suspect I'm going to soon hit servicabilty issues and meeting a few similar minded people might help.

Mr Ed is likely the person for you

He doesnt gove investment advice per se, but will give you some useful structures and tools to make it much easier for you to come to your own decisiosn for your own reasons

ta
rolf

Mr Ed is likely the person for you
Just to bear in mind.

While Rolf, like myself, endorses Ed, there is also a business relationship.

That's not any bad thing. Rolf has been around in this business for a number of years. He would not enter into any business relationship with anybody who was not up to it.

But it's worth while mentioning.

I've used Ed and the team at Loans Approved as well and can highly recommend him

Ed's posted on the Forum before and a review of his posts should give an indication of his knowledge (gotta say we're pretty lucky with the range of experienced and knowledgeable brokers available on this forum...I think it would be a lot harder trying to find a great one outside of the forum)

Mr Ed

Another Canberran here (well I live in Queanbeyan but work in Civic). I've got a PPOR in Queanbeyan and an IP there as well. Would be good to have a chat to a few other people who are in the property investment game. :)

As for mortgage brokers, I've used Carissa at The Mortgage Detective in Manuka. She is friendly, knowledgable and more than helpful. Made buying both of my properties a LOT easier!

-ZXR

p.s. Will try to come along to the meeting on September 2 (may be hungover due to going to see the Raiders vs Sharkies game the night before with a few of the boys).

Just to bear in mind.

While Rolf, like myself, endorses Ed, there is also a business relationship.

That's not any bad thing. Rolf has been around in this business for a number of years. He would not enter into any business relationship with anybody who was not up to it.

But it's worth while mentioning.

Not sure what the coonection here is :confused:

Meet in Tuggeranong?

Hi

I occasionally meet with a group in Tuggeranong at Homeworld at the Resi office. The franchisee owner of Resi, John, is a friend and occasionally allows the use of his premises for these meetings. Although I believe he is very good for mortgages & loans and I do recommend him to interested clients (who I coach in property investment), that isn't the reason for meeting there.

For example, about two weeks ago, we used John's premises for a group to play "Property Millionaire" the boardgame. On this occasion, John was not present.

If you want to meet in Tuggeranong one evening, drop me a line at [email protected] (as I only visit this forum occasionally - this would be preferable to make contact with me).

Is it the right time to invest in Canberra ?

Hi Zero and All,

I am quite interested in Isabella Plan. Recently I have done some research at this area. It is quite expensive now. The price has doubled since 1993. The entry level of standard 3 bedroom is 350K. The owner occupied % is high.
There are not many houses for sale too.

Is there any capital growth in 10 years time ?

appreciate your valuable sharing !

Thanks and cheers !
Ming

I am quite interested in Isabella Plan. Recently I have done some research at this area. It is quite expensive now. The price has doubled since 1993. The entry level of standard 3 bedroom is 350K. The owner occupied % is high.
There are not many houses for sale too.

Is there any capital growth in 10 years time ?

Big statement Ming,

I am not saying it is the right time to invest in Canberra but would be interested to hear about how you research areas in Canberra and how you came up with Isabella Plains.

mingling said:
I am quite interested in Isabella Plan. Recently I have done some research at this area. It is quite expensive now. The price has doubled since 1993.
If the price had doubled since 1993 I would have thought its performance was not that good. It has more than doubled.

There are other suburbs which have performed better.

http://allhomes.com.au/c/ah?a=uisu&i=607
http://allhomes.com.au/c/ah?a=uisu&i=354 (non units)

Other suburbs have not done as well.

But the site I've indicated is a fantastic resource for researching suburbs and properties- possibly the most information rich real estate site in the country.

Ed is awesome !!!!!

I can happily vouch for Ed Nixon as well. He is the only reason I managed to keep my 2 houses after my divorce !!!! I was all stressed and worried about everything and he just took all the worry away and made sure everything went smoothly.

Talk to Ed, he is awesome !!!!!! :)

Back