Who wants me to leave ?

Do you want MBL to stay?

• Yes, let him continue posting.

Votes: 38 53.5%
  • No, begone evil spirit of negative equity !

Votes: 33 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There have been two threads that have deteriorated into fisticuffs and there appears to be one commonality. Having a different POV is fine with me. Picking an argument with everyone that has a different POV that goes over 18 pages is not.

That determined how I voted.

Begone, annoying little man.

...... silence .... i think he might be gone ..... :)

back to our normal, happy family then folks. now, where was that property discussion up to ... that's right ... back to the "covering your downside" thread. oh, and don't forget to vote in the equity thread.

...... silence .... i think he might be gone ..... :)

back to our normal, happy family then folks. now, where was that property discussion up to ... that's right ... back to the "covering your downside" thread. oh, and don't forget to vote in the equity thread.

Not so fast there lizzie....I am still here. And by the looks of tbhings I will stick around. It's like not being able to look away when an accident is about to happen......how can I ever leave this place ?

Anyway.....judging from the reasoning of you last post in this forum.....I have made my point toud and clear Lizzie, it is you that is at fault here. I wonder who it was that reported me to the moderators ?

You know it amazes me that you still DO NOT CHOOSE TO listen. What question have I not answered for you ?

Anyway....I know I have an abraisive style.....but I wouldn't call it offensive. I have not called anybody any name (well I did call somebody a hippie, but you can take that as a compliment as well)....

But you know what the difference between you and me is Lizzie ? You rely on cynisism.....I rely on sarcasm......do you know the difference ?

Why don't we all ignore this thread from now on (and any others that mbl posts that are in the same vein).

It is pointless if mbl does not plan to change his spots (and his most recent post shows that he has not taken on board anyone's requests that he tone it down).

If we ignore him I reckon he will get bored and leave.

Of course, if his tone and attitude DO change that is a different story.

I think he thinks he is playing with us like a kitten and a ball of string, perhaps not realising yet that we are the kittens.

Wylie

Hi mbl,

I don't know you, or much about your posts; sorry I haven't been visiting much of late.....I've had a pretty busy time juggling investments and stray souls (yes I said "stray souls" I work with streetkids and domestic violence cases; it's tough, but like property, they too have rewards albeit not in $$$ terms) :eek:

Anyhoo....I'm just curious......

You wouldn't be TMB (The Mortgage Broker) Rob would you?? You seem to share a similiar style of writing.

Okay, well....just asking....whatever you decide to do, I hope you remember to try and take some positive out of this place; it does have much to offer, if you're open to some good advice. ;)

Cheers,
Jo
P.S. I didn't vote either way; I think it's your decision to make.

Reactions: qaz
What the?

Curious as to why you would run a poll to determine whether you would leave the site or stay on the site.
I haven't had sufficient time to peruse every post but I cant see why anybody would determine their actions by the opinion of others regarding staying on the site other than a grasp for attention.... which I suppose you have got with this post.
As far as a vote... sorry it's irrelevant
No vote either way from me
Either you participate and add value to the site or leave

The choice, despite the poll will ultimately be yours!

Timm

The Moderators may make the decision for you, should your posts be inappropiate.

I voted yes you can stay (for now).

You obviously will not change your opinions but if you continue to keep making the same point over and over again and continue attacking people, can we have this poll again and have the chance to get rid of you down the track? It really could get quite boring although some of what you have said has been an interesting point of view.

Bronwyn.

I voted to stay.

Contrast is always a good thing, it challenges you to consider other points of view. It dosent matter if the poster is right or wrong, aggressive or down right rude, its how you allow yourself to react to it thats important. I also have faith in the moderators to control each thread.

Mrs Bird:)

I vote to let him stay for the moment.

mbl, you don't "have" to answer every single post you know. I haven't read any personal attack in your posts; I have however seen a little childish retaliation by other frustrated members.

mbl, everyone "is" entitled to their own opinions on investing. Please do not offer "financial planning advice" unless you have the qualifications, disclaimers and insurance to do so. We don't want any legal ramifications on our cherished forum. :)

I vote to let him stay for the moment.

mbl, you don't "have" to answer every single post you know. I haven't read any personal attack in your posts; I have however seen a little childish retaliation by other frustrated members.

mbl, everyone "is" entitled to their own opinions on investing. Please do not offer "financial planning advice" unless you have the qualifications, disclaimers and insurance to do so. We don't want any legal ramifications on our cherished forum. :)

Thanks Brenda !!!:)

Not so fast there lizzie....I am still here. And by the looks of tbhings I will stick around. It's like not being able to look away when an accident is about to happen......how can I ever leave this place ?

Anyway.....judging from the reasoning of you last post in this forum.....I have made my point toud and clear Lizzie, it is you that is at fault here. I wonder who it was that reported me to the moderators ?

You know it amazes me that you still DO NOT CHOOSE TO listen. What question have I not answered for you ?

Anyway....I know I have an abraisive style.....but I wouldn't call it offensive. I have not called anybody any name (well I did call somebody a hippie, but you can take that as a compliment as well)....

But you know what the difference between you and me is Lizzie ? You rely on cynisism.....I rely on sarcasm......do you know the difference ?

Ummm - who are you ?
I havent voted on yes or no, as I don't know who you are??

But if the above writing is typical of your style , then you need to improve on the way you interact with well respected people here - such as Lizzie.

Different views are fine. Offensive are not.

Ummm - who are you ?
I havent voted on yes or no, as I don't know who you are??

But if the above writing is typical of your style , then you need to improve on the way you interact with well respected people here - such as Lizzie.

Different views are fine. Offensive are not.

Lizzie is the one who has been rude....not me.....I'm just dishing out what is coming to me.

offensive sarcasm is rudeness under most civilised rules. but you want examples - okay - here goes. must be only the football on at the moment ;) :

*** disclaimer. i realise these comments are taken out of context, but they were typed by mbl with what strongly came across as sarcasm, disrespect or belittlement.

"i doubt you are what you claim"
"i can flip you any day of the week"
"what makes you credible? sommersoft? what a pillar of education this place must be"
"is this simplistic enough for you?"
"how can this not ba a bubble?"
"this is amatuer stuff"
"do you get it?"
"do you realise it?"
"dont' think you'll have the last laugh"
"you all belong to amway"
"hearing you people spruik"
"rampant speculation"
"all you flippers"
"yeah, whatever"
"you gotta be kidding me"
"those in the property industry are liars"
"you sound like those dot.com investors"
"valuors don't have a clue"
"you have to be in lala land"
"nothing but speculators"
"amatuer guru tripe"
"people will be laughing behind your back"

and my favourite

"bwahahahahaha"

i do notice that no one is (or has ever) complained about myself - but you seem to be attracting a lot of such.

by the way, please answer my original question of:

i'd still like to have the questions answered. your experience tells you that the market is overheated? why? what in your experience indicates this to you? what happened last time around that put your family on the cliff edge? what did you do to ride out the crisis?

you have done nothing but say that you have been "close to the cliff" and that you used the valuors method behind your valuations at the time (a method you have belittled) - how do you know the prices went down unless you sold?

now i would like to learn to answers to the above questions - and not the "simplistic" waffling around the maypole that you have so far said.

see - i can be sarcastically rude too :D

Liz....I have answered your questions many times. I have told you what we experienced during 1991, and I have said it about 3 times.

What you want to know is my complete 'portfolio' or net worth.....which I will not reveal because

1) It is vain
2) Things change, today you might be worth x, tommorrow x/2.

What surprises me, and I will ask you again, is how cannot you see the relationship between low interest rates and demand in the housing market ? Are you still sticking by your claim that they are not related ?

regards, MBL.

What surprises me, and I will ask you again, is how cannot you see the relationship between low interest rates and demand in the housing market ? Are you still sticking by your claim that they are not related ?
Again, condescending. You have a viewpoint. But you view does not mean that any other view is wrong as you imply.

There is a relationship between interest rates and demand. But it's only one single factor in housing prices. The biggest relationship is supply of housing and demand. There are a lot of factors- how much land is available, supply of rental housing, rent levels, salaries... interest rates are just a single factor.

Though if interest rates went to the levels of the late 80s, that factor becomes much more dominant.

I run a business where I have a very big loan, and the interest repayments are vicious. But an interest rate rise is merely one more cost of business- much lower than staffing or cost of goods.

I suspect that's the same with many property investors.

Back