Why are photo's only 100kb

I've noticed that on this site I can only post 1 pic at a time and then only 100kb.

On the yachtie sites I frequent we can put in up to 5 at 1mb each. They have the same format forum as this, and while I realize 1mb is exessive, is there anyway of doing up to 300kb pics, seeing as all my pics are down around this size.

I feel it would be a more colourful and interesting forum with a few more pics of peoples projects.

Not meant as a dig, just a thought,

thanks

Bloss

Hi Bloss,

I'm no techie but I'd has it a guess they want it at that size to save space, upload & download times.

There is lots of pics posted in the forums photo gallery section on everything to do with property.

If your pics are a bit big maybe you could try resizing them to fit as I'm sure others have also had to do.

Just a suggestion.

When you go into manage attachments screen it says max file size 100kb.

I have tried to post pics from my "compressed images file" which are around 150 kb, but they won't work here.

I have tried to post pics from my "compressed images file" which are around 150 kb, but they won't work here.
The ideal way to manage photos here is to upload them to the Photo Gallery. That's why I couldn't understand the 100kb thing. :)

You can then insert them into your post......all the details on how to do that is in the FAQ.

Nup, those instructions in FAQ are way to technical for me, as I said earlier, other forums with same format we can upload from comp real easy at 5 at a time and real fast as well.

I don't expect this forum to change to suit me, far from it, but i'm thinking we'd see more pic's of project's if it was a bit easier to get a image with more detail on the screen.

Just my take on it.

Bloss

an image with a larger file size is not necessarily more detailed. Screen resolutions are still a maximum of 96dpi, any image detail greater than this, is discarded when displaying on screen, only visible when printed. This forum is predominantly on screen use, there is no reason to use hi resolution images so the powers that be have made that choice. added benefits are speed of loading and decreased server loads, webmasters pay for bandwidth
View attachment untitled.bmpView attachment untitled2.bmp untitled.gif
left to right file size 29KB 5KB 0.4KB (72x 12.5x 1x) I cant pick any difference

If you want to give the option to see/print the hi res verion of the image, place it on a web server and surround the image tags with a url tag [ur l=http://etc/myhirespic.jpg][im g]lowrespic.jpg[/im g][/ur l] (tags broken). you could even point the url to the uploaded image on the yachtie sites.

Goto http://www.irfanview.com install irfanview,
probably the best image viewer around, and its free,
then use [file][batch conversion/Rename] to prepare whatever images you require for Web publishing

Last edited:
Have you actually looked at the photo gallery ?

Yep, I've got a few pic's in there thanks, still doesnt appear easy to get 'em into here though . For me that is.

But hey I figured out how to get more than 1 pic in.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Bloss

Attachments

• 9877.jpg
    9877.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 14190.jpg
    14190.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 11479.jpg
    11479.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 98
It’s actually very easy to insert a photo into a post and it’s a much better way of doing it. They are BIG! :D

All you do is right click on the image you want in the gallery and copy the address url by hightlighting it in the properties window and copying it. Then paste this address in between the image tags
or use the image icon.

It then shows up in the post like this.....

Rocky_Houses_079.jpg

All you do is right click on the image you want in the gallery and copy the address url by hightlighting it in the properties window and copying it. Then paste this address in between the image tags
or use the image icon.

It then shows up in the post like this.....

021_21.JPG

Back