Why can't I give kudos any more?

G'day GR,
oh and les enjoyed meeting you the other night
Likewise, and thanks for giving your time this way - it was enlightening, to say the least..
can you put up items that you will kudo's so the person can aim for something.
Huh? Not quite sure what you are asking here.... Or maybe it wasn't directed to me (I'm not sure)

Regards,

Kudos are a strange beast.
I have received 3 kudos for organising the last 7 months of SIG Meetings (good thing I dont get paid by the hourly kudo rate :rolleyes: ) - and found the points given are different depending on the the person giving it.
One of the kudos I got from a newer member gave 0 points, the kudo given by a well known member a few days ago (thanks Les) was worth I think 8 points. Is the "weighting" more if the member giving it has lots of kudo points themself?

perky29 said:
Kudos are a strange beast.
I have received 3 kudos for organising the last 7 months of SIG Meetings (good thing I dont get paid by the hourly kudo rate :rolleyes: ) - and found the points given are different depending on the the person giving it.
One of the kudos I got from a newer member gave 0 points, the kudo given by a well known member a few days ago (thanks Les) was worth I think 8 points. Is the "weighting" more if the member giving it has lots of kudo points themself?

Its all explained here David :)

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/faq.php?faq=kudos#faq_kudoshow_faq

Should help to clear things up for you.

Ruby :)

perky29 said:
Is the "weighting" more if the member giving it has lots of kudo points themself?
Have a look at the FAQ.

The kudos power increases with:
.Kudos points the kudos giver has
.Length of time on the forum
.Number of posts

so a kudo from geoff, with nearly 10,000 posts would be worth .... ? say, 5,000 points.

hey geoff, buddy, mate, pal ...

lizzie said:
so a kudo from geoff, with nearly 10,000 posts would be worth .... ? say, 5,000 points.

hey geoff, buddy, mate, pal ...
I was told that the last one I gave was worth 18 points.

Though Lizie, I hope you do realise that fishing for kudos is grounds to have all of your kudos taken away from you ;)

can you equity lend against your bank of kudos and couple that value to a kudos that you send to someone there by increasing your kudos value and weight.
and then you could have a kudo exchange and trade kudos.
I have a little kudo bank account not sure about the security level on my kudos and if there are kudo thieves moving single kudo out as mine is a odd number.
maybe les could keep an eye on the kudos movement and track if possible

Reactions: asy
grossreal said:
can you equity lend against your bank of kudos and couple that value to a kudos that you send to someone there by increasing your kudos value and weight.

The paradoxical thing is that if every person did it the average value per kudo would fall and kudoflation would be the result, with the associated grievous consequences.

The logical remedy is of 'Les' Greenspan lifting kudo interest rates to slow the rate of kudo giving.

The kudobrokers will say that this this reduces serviceability and the attractiveness of leverage. Positive kudo flow will become a thing of the the past while speculative 'contract for kudos' dealers could be caught short.

Similar macrokudo measures include instituting a kudosqueeze whereby the supply of kudos is limited through placing a ceiling on their number. People may still give kudos but it comes right off their tally, keeping supply fixed. For all but the purely altruistic this will slow transaction activity and lead to the restoration of kudo equilibirium, permitting a lowering of interest rates until the next bubble.

To prevent a recurrence and ensure system stability the Reserve Kudobanker would do well to specify a desirable range of kudoflation so corrective measures can be swiftly taken.

Note that modifying or abolishing kudos will provoke howls and cries of in the streets of 'kudo grabs' or 'debasing the kudo'. However those who take the long term view realise that more radical modifications have been made in the past and could happen in the future. Hence the possibility of negative kudo equity (which occurred in the dim dark past) could occur again with the click of a moderators mouse.

Peter

G'day Peter,

If you haven't written a book, yet, you should consider it - what a wordsmith :D

The logical remedy is of 'Les' Greenspan lifting kudo interest rates to slow the rate of kudo giving.
Ahem !! Shouldn't that be "Les Bernanke" ??? (How close is THAT??)

Regards,

Hmmmmmmm, going by the direction this thread has taken it appears that some people have way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands! :rolleyes:

;)

thanks Mike

thanks for bring the kudo implementation to my attention Michael
I'll pass one onto Alex for you....... now that I now how to do it!!!

I've been meaning to give Alex a kudo for a while:D

geoffw said:
I was told that the last one I gave was worth 18 points.

Though Lizie, I hope you do realise that fishing for kudos is grounds to have all of your kudos taken away from you ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Back