Williams Landing, Laverton

Don't worry, the new estates are mostly houses. Everyone knows gang members prefer apartments. That's where they run their drug labs and brothels.

Speaking of gangs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYa43Zt9QjI

(...list of items you should think about bringing with you on the camping trip. Toiletries: toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, shampoo...)

hi Devank,

construction costs have not increased anywhere nearly as fast as land prices have. i would put alot of the growth down to the quick increase in land prices over the last 12-18 months.

cheers,
Nathan

Williams Landing, Tarneit, etc.

Interesting posts above. Thought i would tell my "West side story"!
I live in the east, however.....
bought land in Williams Landing just over 2 years ago - cost was 196K - that block is now worth about 350K. I built on it and have rented it out - rent is not high, but will increase once the new station, and commercial centre, etc are in (and i don't mind because i already have very nice capital gain :)).
So, have just put deposit on another block nearby - smaller and more expensive, but still only about 50 - 60% of what the same size block would cost on the east side, same distance out from city.
Yet to decide about building on it.

Regarding Tarneit purchases - as part of a commercial enterprise we bought 3 blocks way out on the west edge of Tarneit 3 years ago. Cost was 150K per block - and these are now worth about 280 - 290 each.... nice! :)

They are my western investments - and as they say.... shouldn't carry all your eggs in the one basket!
Cheers,
Posnow

Very sad. I wonder why all projects (like Wyndham harbour, RRL,etc) in west linger or get scrapped where east is booming and planners of Melbourne always focus towards the east. Quite an injustice with residents of the west.

Wyndham Harbour is definately going ahead.
Wyndham Harbour site clearing commenced in January 2011, preparing the site for construction.

Bulldozer in tow, the houses on the site have now been demolished (one taken away to be relocated, and the others recycled where possible).

Clearing and preparation on site has commenced on Melbourne’s newest and long anticipated marina development, Wyndham Harbour.

BMD Constructions has been appointed to undertake these initial works. This process includes clearing the site by demolishing and removing existing buildings and clearing pine trees and other non-native vegetation. This work will prepare the site for stage one construction works due to begin in the first half of 2011.

We are working with Council to satisfy the remaining conditions to enable us to begin earthworks and stage one civil works. This first stage will include service connections such as electricity, telephone, water, gas and sewer to the site, external road intersections, construction of the first 300m of breakwater within the marina and the landscaping of wetlands. These works are due to be completed in the second half of 2011, and marina construction is due to be completed by mid 2013.

To keep up to date with the progress at Wyndham Harbour please visit our website regulary. www.wyndhamharbour.com.au

Williams Landing

http://member.afraccess.com/media?id=CMN://6A543447&filename=20110530/CWP_01184636.pdf

Cedar Woods signs agreements for lease with Woolworths at Williams Landing

Cedar Woods Properties Limited (ASX: CWP), has signed a major leasing deal with Woolworths Limited to open a trio of flagship stores at Williams Landing, with 20-year lease terms.

The Williams Landing master planned community in Melbourne’s west will be home to a Woolworths supermarket, Big W and a Masters home improvement store, with a total leased area of 25,400m2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Work has already started.

http://cedarwoods.sensed.com.au/wil...lway-station-work/pdf/abi-railway-station.pdf

Williams Landing Project
Construction update
Establishment of site compound office
Dear resident / business owner
The contract for the design and construction of the Williams Landing Project was
awarded to Abigroup Contractors Pty Ltd in August 2011.
The Williams Landing Project involves the construction of a new premium railway
station and an extension and widening of Palmers Road to provide transport access
to Williams Landing, in one of Melbourne’s growing suburbs.
As part of these works, a site compound will be established on the north side of the
Princes Freeway, off Forsyth Road, Williams Landing. Please refer to the map below.
To ensure the safety of the community a 2.4 metre mesh fence will be erected
around the site compound.

Machinery such as excavators and trucks will be used and residents may hear some
noise. All efforts will be made by Abigroup to minimise any inconvenience.
Location of Main
Compound Office
Access point
into site from
Forsyth Rd
These works will commence on 23 August 2011 and will take approximately five
weeks to complete. All work will take place during the normal working hours of
Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm and Saturday 7am to 2.30pm.
The construction of a new railway station at Williams Landing will help serve this
growing community’s current and future transport needs.
The extension of Palmers Road will link the station and Williams Landing
development with the Princes Freeway and Point Cook.
The project team will provide regular information updates to keep the local
community and key stakeholders up-to-date as the project progresses.
Should you have any questions, or wish to discuss any aspect of the construction
process, please contact Abigroup Stakeholder and Community Relations Officer –
Michelle McKenzie on 0407 458 004 or email [email protected]
For more information about the project please visit
www.transport.vic.gov.au/newstations, call 1800 078 387 or email
[email protected]
Kind regards,
Michelle McKenzie
Stakeholder and Community Relations Officer
Abigroup Contractors Pty Ltd.
18 August 2011
[/quote]

http://wyndham-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/more-stores-coming-to-williams-landing/

More stores coming to Williams Landing

CONSTRUCTION of the first major stores at Williams Landing’s town centre is expected to begin by the end of next year following the State Government’s announcement of the contract for the new Williams Landing train station.

Developer Cedar Wood’s Victorian state manager Nathan Blackburne said work on the design of roads linking the town centre with the station had begun and construction of those would begin before the end of this year.

The Government and Wyndham Council have already signed off on plans for the town centre, which includes a Big W, Woolworths and Master home improvements store.

Mr Blackburne said speciality shops would soon be advertised for lease.

He said construction of the shopping centre and home improvements store would begin from mid to late next year and take a year to 18 months to complete.

http://wyndham-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/getting-into-the-williams-landing-zone/

Getting into the Williams Landing zone

THE Public Transport Users Association has warned against including the new Williams Landing train station in zone one, saying it was likely to increase fares overall.

The State Government has announced that Abigroup will design and build a new station and road overpass at Williams Landing.

The project is expected to cost $110 million - $86 million for the station and $24 million for the overpass. Construction should begin within weeks and be completed late next year.

Many readers responded to the news by calling for the station to be rezoned zone one, saying Wyndham commuters would continue to drive to Laverton station to avoid the more expensive zone two fares.

But PTUA president Daniel Bowen said the problem with including the new station in zone one was that people using other zone two stations at Hoppers Crossing and Werribee would want them to be also rezoned one.

He said he could understand why people would want to travel from zone one as it was about 80 per cent cheaper than zone two.

“But you end up with a single zone system that would cut revenue and increase fares across the system. That’s what happened in Adelaide,” Mr Bowen said.

“A better solution would be to revise the fare structure so the jump between zone fares is not so sharp.”

Mr Bowen said frequent bus services between the station and areas such as Point Cook would discourage car use and decrease commuter costs.

A Transport Department spokeswoman said the new station would be in zone two.

“Fare zones are generally based on distance from Melbourne by train,” she said.

Laverton is the last station in zone one on the Werribee line.

“This is consistent with zoning of other lines on the network.”

Starting the overpass now.

28082011135.jpg

I've been reading alot about this area, just wanted to know how the developments are going?

I know the new Williams Landing station is being constructed but how long will it take to be completed?

Also I am reading alot of past info from 2008 talking about the development of Williams Landing, how long will it be till it is completed?

I'm going to head down to that area this weekend to speak to a few real estate agents to purchase an investment property in this area as I've been enticed by all the developments that will hopefully be completed in the near future.

Hi DW,

From memory, Williams Landing is meant to be a 8 year project, with 4 neighbourhoods built over that period. 3 years since work began, the 1st neighbourhood (Ashcroft) is close to fully titling, with the next neighbourhood (Kingwell) already under development.

You can read more here - http://www.williamslanding.com.au

Master plan - http://www.williamslanding.com.au/Files/williams_landing-masterplan_feb2011.pdf

Williams Landing Train Station is already under constuction with an expected completion date by the end of 2012 / start 2013.

http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/projects/pt/railway-stations/williams-landing-project

Check out Nearmap and you can see the development of the Train Station and surrounding neighbourhoods.

http://www.nearmap.com/

First stage of the Town Centre is expected to be open in 2013 / 2014. Woolworths have signed a 20 year lease with Cedar Woods for the Williams Landing site. More info here.

http://www.williamslanding.com.au/f...ement-with-woolworths-at-williams-landing.pdf

Hope this helps.

It's such a horrible name for a suburb....

Thanks for your contribution.

This development is built on the site of the RAAF Williams Airforce base which was named in honour of Air Marshal Sir Richard Williams, the 'father' of the Royal Australian Air Force. The referance, Williams and Landing have a historical link to the area and carry a lot off relevance unlike most suburbs new and old.

I personally think they have named the place well.

Last edited:
If I had money to buy William's Landing or Laverton or whatever, I could think of much better use for my money.

Many people will have different optinions, Thank you for sharing yours.

FYI this is my PPR. It takes me 6 minutes to drive to work, 15 minutes along a bike trail on my bike and 20 minutes drive if I have to go to the docks. When the train staion is built, my wife will be able walk to the train station to catch it into the city.... 25 minutes. When the town center is built, we will both be able to walk to a reasonable shopping complex. Will be able to walk to pick up fresh groceries. My family live in the next suburb. I would not consider living in the east beacuse of the conveniance I have over here for a much smaller price tag. And, I am not the only one in this possition. The East is not for everyone.

I have also seen my land increase in value by 64% in 2 years, and that is before the construction of the train station and town center have started. A lot of that is not only because we bought a block at a good time but picked up a bargin as well.

As for an IP, I am sure there would be better value elsewhere as there are a lot of new properties coming up for lease in these areas and I don't believe the rental returns are as attractive as other areas at the moment. Could be a reasonable place to get in the market and once the train station and town center are open, could be an attractive propect for renters.

Last edited:
Tornado...don't worry about Deltaberry...he is just a rich kid..who looks down on Western Melbourne and anyone who does not earn 200k plus.

As for the rest of us...the majority....Werribee and surrounds is a hotspot. I bought houses for 130k and 170k and now they have doubled in value in 4 years. The facilities in these suburbs are just as good as any in the East.

Many people will have different optinions, Thank you for sharing yours.

FYI this is my PPR. It takes me 6 minutes to get to work, 15 minutes along a bike trail on my bike and 20 minutes drive if I have to go to the docks. When the train staion is built, my wife will be able able to take the train into the city.... 25 minutes. When the town center is built, we will both be able to walk to a reasonable shopping complex. Will be able to walk to pick up fresh groceries. My family live in the next suburb. I would not consider living in the east beacuse of the conveniance I have over here for a much smaller price tag. And, I am not the only one in this possition. the East is not for everyone.

I have also seen my land increase in value by 64% in 2 years, and that is before the construction of the train station and town center have started. A lot of that is not only because we bought a block at a good time but picked up a bargin as well.

As for an IP, I am sure there would be better value elsewhere as there are a lot of new properties coming up for lease in these areas and I don't believe the rental returns are as attractive as other areas at the moment. Could be a reasonable place to get in the market and once the train station and town center are open, could be an attractive propect for renters.

FYI this is my PPR. It takes me 6 minutes to drive to work, 15 minutes along a bike trail on my bike and 20 minutes drive if I have to go to the docks. When the train staion is built, my wife will be able walk to the train station to catch it into the city.... 25 minutes. When the town center is built, we will both be able to walk to a reasonable shopping complex. Will be able to walk to pick up fresh groceries. My family live in the next suburb. I would not consider living in the east beacuse of the conveniance I have over here for a much smaller price tag. And, I am not the only one in this possition. The East is not for everyone.

Perfect, you've made a good decision based on all the factors, and are aware initially it won't rent well because of a glut of houses on the market. Sounds to me like a solid start, good luck and let me know how the house looks.

Back