Wireless hardrive and ipads

for the home solution i had a WD my book live?. plugs into the router and shares it through the wifi

i now have a HTPC so dont need the my book anymore

some routers also have a usb port to connect hdds to share through the network

as for a portable solution theres no real great solution except for micro sd/ usb sticks as any other form of hard drive requires power and as the ipad doesnt even have a usb port your stuffed anyway

i have an acer w510 it comes with 64gb and has a usb and micro sd slot. nice tablet but needs to be thought out a bit more

Bman,

the Seagate Wireless drive is pretty darn portable as it's only 2.5" drive. It runs off it's own battery power for up to 10hrs and you can recharge it from a battery pack or mains power.

As it's wireless an iPad can talk to it.

Voila portable and doesn't need usb.

I did some extra googling on the weekend and couldn't justify the cost for the size of SSD so I got the Seagate solution which is a small 2.5" disk

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Seagate-...isk_Drives&hash=item485b2e5f81#ht_5841wt_1399

I'll buy a carry case for it to help protect it in it's travels.

Now I'm going to need a battery pack to keep all these devices alive :)

We had 2 of these - not very robust and failed after 6 months and we werent moving them around - very disappointed

DS14 told me that I should get a wireless hard drive to connect the ipads in our house to for movies/tv shows. And so that I can stop running out of space on my Macbook.
For the running out of space option- perhaps it's worth while, if you have a good internet connection, to investigate an online backup solution. There's a few mentioned here.

I'd be interested to know if anybody has experience of any of these.

Back