Your Investment Property

I don't think it's anywhere near as good as API magazine, but then again it is new and will take time to improve its format structure.

You get the odd good story, but they seem to do more snippet/short stories which doesn't give you enough information in my view, especially suburb hot spots. You don't seem to be any wiser after reading the suburb review than you were beforehand. Their stories seem to lack depth.

I'll continue to browse Your Investment Property mag in the newsagents, but only buy if an article/story takes my interest.

I'll stick to my API subscription..... by far the better mag.

Martin

As Mystery said - YIP tends to gloss over topics very quickly without going into much detail. They also need to be careful of some of the facts they state which are in error like I posted yesterday (misleading statement about a particular suburbs proximity to the beach).

I don't get as much out of it anymore, but I still buy API, YIP I don't bother.

Last edited:
I bought January's edition of YIP. One topic of interest was - pocket an extra 16k in rent each year.

After reading through all the suggests there are some contradictions eg
Put up the rent
Look after your tenants - don't put up the rent

Which one should I do??

Yeah API.

Cheers,

Bazza

I haven't bothered with it either. Seems to be designed more for the newbie perhaps. I must say that I don't get API much either these days, only if there is something of interest.

For me, API is a Must Buy each month. YIP I only get after a thorough browse at the newsagent. I wouldn't subscribe to YIP. Might review that stance down the track if the quality of the articles improves.
Also, API seems a lot more independant, for want of a better word. YIP has a lot of Advertorial type articles and a lot of advertisers seem to get quoted in many of the articles. Not sure I'm comfortable with that.

Im also a fan of API, their journalists seem to be freelance and have local knowledge about certain markets, seems like a good independant magazine with no industry links. Also good for new investors and experienced investors alike.
In the current climate of rising interest rates I would be looking to a mag like this for all the tips i can get on increasing my yield from investment properties to offset the rising repayments. Ditto on the new editor.

Also, API seems a lot more independant, for want of a better word. YIP has a lot of Advertorial type articles and a lot of advertisers seem to get quoted in many of the articles. Not sure I'm comfortable with that.

I think the same can be said about API...

For what it's worth though, I still prefer API over YIP.

Boods

Back