Your top 5 suburbs

Hello fellows,

here's an opportunity for you to share your top 5 suburbs in Ozland for property investment (not to retire). The 5 suburbs has to be in the state you are living in now.

This is mine: Darwin (not in any order)

1. Karama
2. Malak
3. Woodroffe
4. Virginia
5. Howard Springs

kerosam05 said:
Hello fellows,

here's an opportunity for you to share your top 5 suburbs in Ozland for property investment (not to retire). The 5 suburbs has to be in the state you are living in now.

This is mine: Darwin (not in any order)

1. Karama
2. Malak
3. Woodroffe
4. Virginia
5. Howard Springs

Ok for my patch being Sydney I'd say
Darlinghurst
Glebe
Darlington
Chippendale
Erskineville

dtraeger2k said:
Hi,

Rix: They sound more like suburbs to retire in, not to invest in? Was that the question?

Dave
Yep, invest in was the question. You may want to retire there, not for me. Premium Blue Chip growth areas.

Rixter said:
Dave
Yep that was the question. You may want to retire there, not for me. Premium Blue Chip growth areas.

Which explains why all your investing to date as been at the opposite end of the spectrum?

dtraeger2k said:
Which explains why all your investing to date as been at the opposite end of the spectrum?

If you consider middle market ( same as your IP) as the opposite end then I suppose you right. If cashflow wasnt an issue there the areas id be targetting. The question was TOP 5....theyre mne :) and as for it being ALL my investing to date, I've never told you, so how would you know :confused: :p

Last edited:
in newcastle i'd say

hamilton
adamstown
belmont
cooks hill (if you can find a cheapy)
merewether (on the right side of city road)

feel free to argue with me anyone from new-kar-cell

lizzie said:
in newcastle i'd say

hamilton
adamstown
belmont
cooks hill (if you can find a cheapy)
merewether (on the right side of city road)

feel free to argue with me anyone from new-kar-cell

Im not even from there and know thats not how you spell newcarsell. ;) btw are there a lot of car yards there :confused: ;)

Nice thread:

Shoalwater
Golden Bay
Baldivis
Safety Bay
Orelia

I am shooting at capital growth and comfort zone :)

<KS>

ani:

i'm not to time the market as i believe it's pretty much impossible. but in terms of top 5 sydney suburbs i'd pretty much agree with you.

darlinghurst
darlington
chippendale
redfern
pyrmont

i'm still a newbie investor just bought a place in potts point but the reason i picked the above suburbs is because i believe they are still relatively cheap (by median price terms) given their distance to the city.

of course there are reasons for why they ar echeap, darlington, chippendale and redfern are pretty industrial and not really desirable to live in. i think all the druggos and hookers have moved 500m from kings cross to darlinghurst ever since they started cleaning up the cross :)

but i'm keeping my eye on redfern and chippendale, given their distance to the city i think in 10 years it could well be another paddington.

what do you think?

ani said:
Ok for my patch being Sydney I'd say
Darlinghurst
Glebe
Darlington
Chippendale
Erskineville

Sydney suburbs

Hi

The top five in Sydney IMHO are:
Parramatta
Harris Park
Auburn
Lakemba
Granville

You may not want to live there yourself but in terms of relative Cost, P/E, Growth and vacancy rates, I think they are great, with plenty of potential for reno.

Tony

Tony,

I would have never considered those areas mostly because I wouldn't live there, but as you say for investment they could be good.
Do you have any more info?

Thanks

Adrian

Adrian

I like 2 b/r units, about $170k - $220k, with rent yield of about 5%, with good growth prospects (and where the NSW State is ploughing money into surrounding infrastructure rail, bus, road eg P'matta/ Harris Park/ Auburn).

All five areas have high immigrant density, low vacancy, property tends to be old with no residual depreciation but are suitable for makeover.

All areas are close to P'matta (second larget CBD) and geographical centre of Sydney.

Dollar for dollar, I prefer the five designated areas

good luck

ok let's see:

we have NT, NSW and WA. KS, pardon my ignorance, your top 5 suburbs are in which state??

we are still missing VIC, SA, ACT, QLD and TAS. how about country suburbs?

sonic said:
ani:

i'm not to time the market as i believe it's pretty much impossible. but in terms of top 5 sydney suburbs i'd pretty much agree with you.

darlinghurst
darlington
chippendale
redfern
pyrmont

i'm still a newbie investor just bought a place in potts point but the reason i picked the above suburbs is because i believe they are still relatively cheap (by median price terms) given their distance to the city.

of course there are reasons for why they ar echeap, darlington, chippendale and redfern are pretty industrial and not really desirable to live in. i think all the druggos and hookers have moved 500m from kings cross to darlinghurst ever since they started cleaning up the cross :)

but i'm keeping my eye on redfern and chippendale, given their distance to the city i think in 10 years it could well be another paddington.

what do you think?

Sonic

Well done buying in Potts Point. There is a nice village feel happening there.

I don't think Darlington and Chippendale are undesirable areas at all overall. I would happily live in the area between City Rd and Abercrombie St.

Pyrmont worries me as there are too many units.

Not wanting to start another debate on Redfern but I've watched it for years and it has never done what everyone has been predicting. The same things were said in the 80's as are being said now:(

Well, since no Melbournites have put their case forward, here goes.............

1. Frankston South
2. Croydon
3. Strathmore
4. Edithvale
5. Watsonia

In no real order :D

GG

Back