Your top 5 suburbs

salsa said:
Hi Rixter,
Upper Mt Gravat is good too , see Willair's opinion on inner south, not my top 5 but I tend to also agree with W (not sure about Rocklea tho) .

For new houses further from the city I think Parkingson (brand new 4 bed for mid 300K) is nicer than Calamvale, some good bargain from developers are abailable, price wise about the same with Calamvale ??

But i like Eigh Mile Plans better , a bit closer than parkingson, a 10 ish yrs brick house good land content in the 300K (walk to busway, train, yummy food at chinese community Sunnybank, big shop centre Garden City) only 15 min express bus to the city, so great !!!.
Upper Mt Gravat is not far from all this either !!!!

Thanks for the reply salsa. Yep I agree, around 8MP is a good area...What are your thoughts heading bayside out to Wynnum and surrounding areas?

TwoPlus said:
I'm here! Just a busy weekend....

In 'order' of CG prospects (my opinion only)

1. Altona
2. Footscray
3. Maidstone/Marybynong
4. Reservoir
5. Ummmm, maybe Thornbury? or Yarrraville?

Lindy

Lindy,

Do you live in the western suburbs by any chance?? :D

GG

Gordon Gekko said:
Lindy,

Do you live in the western suburbs by any chance?? :D

GG

No, I don't actually. But, I grew up in Altona and I have a largeish property in Footscray.... Have you seen Docklands lately - wow. It's just like the whole city has taken a step to the sea/river. Yes, it will take a while for it to settle and sort itself out, but I'm very confident that the city has moved. Also, I heard of lots of younger, trendy type people who are buying/living in Footscray so I'm guessing it's the 'new' Fitzroy.

I picked Altona because I remember how close it is to the city (by train too), how close it is to the sea - I used to ride my bike there, and because I work in Sunshine I can see how much industry (work places) have sprung up along the Western Ring road.

Lindy

Lindy

salsa said:
For new houses further from the city I think Parkingson (brand new 4 bed for mid 300K) is nicer than Calamvale, some good bargain from developers are abailable, price wise about the same with Calamvale ??
Salsa,

I agree! See my new signature!! :p

Cheers,
Michael.

My top 5 areas in Melbourne (if I had the money...)

1. Essendon

2. Elwood

3. Ascot Vale/Moonee Ponds

4. Kensington

5. Brighton

Mrs Bird

my 5

marrickville nsw
dulwich hill nsw
harrington waters nsw
liverpool nsw
south port qld
all area's i'm investing in currently so I hope my research is good and they should be the best suburbs ( in my book anyway)

I might as well add some to the list for Victoria, being:

1. Footscray/West Footscray
2. Yarraville/Sedon/Kingsville
3. Moonee Ponds
4. Kensington
5. Altona/Altona North

Cheers,

Manny.

1. Fountain Lakes
2. Porpise Spit
3. Erinsborough
4. Wandin Valley
5. Summer Bay

Mine are all ficticious since my cashflow/equity don't allow for purchase just yet..well at least they are all in Australian cinema/television :p

Sorry. Ruining the tone... :eek:

{just a bit of fun, no disrespect intended}

I glad you explained Wish-ga - I missed the reference. Not enough TV I guess.

(TV is called a medium because it's rare that it's well done)

Brisbane and Surroundings: (though I am fuzzy on much of the southside. Don't spend a lot of time over there.)

long term:

the aspirationals: Ascot & Bardon
am not that partial to Brookfield etc....it is a long journey to the Bay and coasts, and it gets hot and dry out there...

cream of the Baysides: Cleveland Point/ Raby Bay no through traffic and excellent infrastructure...

best of the northshore baysides, reasonable infrastructure, close to town, potential+++: Sandgate/Brighton

wildcard:
Beachmere
still a bit of a secret. outstanding tranquil lifestyle qualiities....closer to Bris and Morayfield and Caboolture CBDs then Bribie. $600k can buy 70 perches with absolute waterfront....will never be built out due to surrounding wetlands.....there isn't better foreshore until Pelican Waters near Caloundra...
a future retirement haven for well heeled Brissy northsiders...

Shorter term:
Woolloongaba
Stones Corner
lots of redevelopment going on at these overlooked inner south side burbs...medium/ResA density divide...

Highgate Hill
Fairfield
bound to benefit when the tunnels and bridges cross the river, esp the one to UQ.

Newstead/New Farm
one of the hippest precincts in Bris....and can only get hipper...

wish-ga said:
1. Fountain Lakes
2. Porpise Spit
3. Erinsborough
4. Wandin Valley
5. Summer Bay

Mine are all ficticious since my cashflow/equity don't allow for purchase just yet..well at least they are all in Australian cinema/television :p

Sorry. Ruining the tone... :eek:

{just a bit of fun, no disrespect intended}

love ya work. LOL

thefirstbruce said:
Brisbane and Surroundings: (though I am fuzzy on much of the southside. Don't spend a lot of time over there.)

long term:

the aspirationals: Ascot & Bardon
am not that partial to Brookfield etc....it is a long journey to the Bay and coasts, and it gets hot and dry out there...

cream of the Baysides: Cleveland Point/ Raby Bay no through traffic and excellent infrastructure...

best of the northshore baysides, reasonable infrastructure, close to town, potential+++: Sandgate/Brighton

wildcard:
Beachmere
still a bit of a secret. outstanding tranquil lifestyle qualiities....closer to Bris and Morayfield and Caboolture CBDs then Bribie. $600k can buy 70 perches with absolute waterfront....will never be built out due to surrounding wetlands.....there isn't better foreshore until Pelican Waters near Caloundra...
a future retirement haven for well heeled Brissy northsiders...

Shorter term:
Woolloongaba
Stones Corner
lots of redevelopment going on at these overlooked inner south side burbs...medium/ResA density divide...

Highgate Hill
Fairfield
bound to benefit when the tunnels and bridges cross the river, esp the one to UQ.

Newstead/New Farm
one of the hippest precincts in Bris....and can only get hipper...

Brookfield is hot and dry?, you must have gone there on a very hot and dry day. :D
As far as distance from the water, the western bypass will give the whole western acreage area a boost in this regard.

Woolloongabba is great but a lot of people are unaware it is actually swampland, there are flood issues with many properties.

Bardon/Ashgrove good picks!.

SEQld

For the most important and only reason worth considering (ie ramping up my own investments :p ), I recommend you all rush out to the following suburbs and buy up big.

Ferny Grove
Ormeau
Victoria Point

In my home town, Melbourne

Ascot Vale
Clifton Hill
Blackburn
Footscray
Preston
Vermont

GarryK

Hmmmm....Ferny Grove presents a bit of a goat track into town...terrible in peak hour....and no plans to upgrade access to city......this is also the problem living at Samford.....which is an incredible place to live, if you don't have to drive to town in peak hour 5x/wk

Agree that Vic Pt/Redland Bay are great spots, though infrastructure/services have a long way to catch up.....and is that much further from town.

Ormeau I know very little about (just another town I drive past on the way to lunch at Broadbeach or Main Beach......though if it can emulate Sanctuary Cove, it is a winner......

markpatric said:
Brookfield is hot and dry?, you must have gone there on a very hot and dry day. :D
As far as distance from the water, the western bypass will give the whole western acreage area a boost in this regard.

Woolloongabba is great but a lot of people are unaware it is actually swampland, there are flood issues with many properties.

Have a few friends over Brookfield way....and upper Brookfield....have spent enough time over there to know how hot it gets :) But then if you can afford Brookfield acreage, you can afford central reverse cycle air con for a 800 sq.m double glazed cavity brick home...

Re flood issues, they say that a lot about the riverfront properties too :)
But I sense there are enough people who are prepared to hold until the next 100 year flood hits Brisbane.... Didn't Peter Spann buy and hold a big riverfront acreage upstream recently????? ;)

One of my brothers lived in Woolloongabba a few years back, his house was under up to a foot under floor level (about four feet), this was no hundred year flood!.
Yes PS bought in Anstead.
Flooding can be overated I agree.
I guess in Brookfield it would depend on your aspect and whether the house is in a gully or not, many seem to be built near the road and in low areas.

Brisbane top 5

Hawthorn/Bulimba - I believe residex are predicting well above BNE average growth for the next 5 yrs- City proximity riverside precinct,trendy great Cafe society.

Redcliffe peninsular (Scarborough, Redcliffe, Woody Point, Margate) - Again residex predicting well above BNE growth, seriously undervalued, only real sandy swimming beaches in Brisbane, will be BNE answer to Sydneys northern beaches. Recent record waterfront sales and intense development recognise this.

Wynnum/Manly redlands bayside, lower predicted growth but still waterside living, downside is no swimming beaches and long low mudflats at low tide, that aside still a great bayside community.

Anything within 5 km's to the city north south east or west, lots to choose from here.

As already mentioned New Farm precinct, already commanding top $ but excellent prospect and vibrant culture.

voyager.

I would target Sunshine Coast & surrounding areas in QLD. Would looks something like this IMHO.

Banksia Beach/Pacific Harbour
Caloundra
Marcoola
Coolum
Mudjimba Beach

These are only areas I currently invest in or on my wish list. Not saying they would be the best growth, merely areas I see myself as having in my portfolio.
JIM

Back