20 reasons to date a doctor

Here! Here!

But; don't forget the nurses. (my wife is a Theater nurse ;))

No nurses; no patient care, and in many cases they do the doctors' jobs for them behind the scenes to a degree (I worked in an ICU for 3 years and saw what those nurses did on a daily basis).

They don't get paid anywhere near enough for the work they have to do, the responsibility thrust upon them, and the cr@p they have to put up with, and often with very little thanks.

I disagree. Nurses do not carry final responsibility for patient outcome. Not in the same way as the doctor. Not to be held personally liable for their decisions. Never sued for millions.

I disagree. Nurses do not carry final responsibility for patient outcome. Not in the same way as the doctor. Not to be held personally liable for their decisions. Never sued for millions.

:rolleyes:

What do you contribute to the betterment of society?

Nurses do. They are underpaid for it.

There is more to establishing contribution to society than the amount of money involved :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

What do you contribute to the betterment of society?

Nurses do. They are underpaid for it.

There is more to establishing contribution to society than the amount of money involved :rolleyes:

We are all underpaid, me especially. For what nurses do in Australia, they are paid very well.

Compared to what china????If the grass in greener elsewhere which is what you are saying..............seeya later,why dont you go there?

We are all underpaid, me especially. For what nurses do in Australia, they are paid very well.

Are you a sociopath?

Serious question. You fail to be able to take into account any position that doesn't relate to your narrow experience and refuse to accept the position, or even attempt to understand others position.

Nurses are hideously underpaid for the vital work they do.

Could you deal with constant death, pain and suffering every day?

I have to say I agree with China on this one.

Just because your job has to deal with unpalatable things does not mean that you should be paid more for it. Your job is only worth what the market will pay. This argument thay nurses/police/firefighter/ambo/teachers are underpaid because their jobs involve some level of public service and duty is nonsense. If you think your job is crap pay - do something else.

So, when a nurse gives the wrong volume of say; Midazolam to a patient, and the patient dies, who gets sued?

Now; as far as I can tell; that's a "patient outcome" that the nurse will be slaughtered for.

Compared to what china????If the grass in greener elsewhere which is what you are saying..............seeya later,why dont you go there?

This is the most classic and versatile response to any argument or debate in Australia, offered by the most cogent Australians - if in doubt, always invite the other person to go back to their own country.

Poor baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, when a nurse gives the wrong volume of say; Midazolam to a patient, and the patient dies, who gets sued?

Now; as far as I can tell; that's a "patient outcome" that the nurse will be slaughtered for.

The nurse will get a very gentle rap over the knuckles whilst the treating doctor and hospital will get sued and get hauled before the coroners. The patient's relatives will not come after the nurse. In fact, the nurse is never named in any lawsuit in these scenarios as a defendant.

if in doubt, always invite the other person to go back to their own country.

Im surprised you didnt call me a racist as well.You come across as a me me sort of person,and yes,if you think you are better off income wise somewhere else...............theres the door me old China.

I have to say I agree with China on this one.

Just because your job has to deal with unpalatable things does not mean that you should be paid more for it. Your job is only worth what the market will pay. This argument thay nurses/police/firefighter/ambo/teachers are underpaid because their jobs involve some level of public service and duty is nonsense. If you think your job is crap pay - do something else.
And your job saves how many lives on a weekly basis, while you pull in a lazy 6 odd figures, Aaron?

Many nurses are very happy with their job as a matter of fact. They enjoy helping others, and the daily challenge.

Unpalatable is not the issue; it's the responsibility versus remuneration....life saving job decisions and actions.

It's not the nurses necessarily whining about their situation - it's me - my own opinion on their behalf, as an observer, with 3 years experience on the floor with the troops.

What's your experience?

And your job saves how many lives on a weekly basis, while you pull in a lazy 6 odd figures, Aaron?

Many nurses are very happy with their job as a matter of fact. They enjoy helping others, and the daily challenge.

Unpalatable is not the issue; it's the responsibility versus remuneration....life saving job decisions and actions.

It's not the nurses necessarily whining about their situation - it's me - my own opinion on their behalf, as an observer, with 3 years experience on the floor with the troops.

What's your experience?

Nursing remuneration is exceptionally generous for their level of responsibility. A bit like the pilot versus the stewardess.

I cannot plead that I am underpaid because I am paid for the work that I do and the results I get. If I am paid very little, it means I worked very little and deserve it.

Have plenty of family and friends in the medical profession and I don't share your view on it. Asking me a hypothetical about having my life in danger etc doesn't address the fallacy of arguing that just because it 'saves lives' or has 'responsibility' therefore it should be paid more. The fallacy lies in the fact that it is never ever enough.

The nurse will get a very gentle rap over the knuckles whilst the treating doctor and hospital will get sued and get hauled before the coroners. The patient's relatives will not come after the nurse. In fact, the nurse is never named in any lawsuit in these scenarios as a defendant.
The patient's relo's will go for the Hospital which has relevant cover for such events.

The nurse will lose her job, may be sued by the Hospital, and the Hospital has Pub Liability cover.

Unless the doctor had prescribed the wrong dose (and most experienced nurses would usually pick up on this before administering the dose and question the doctor for confirmation that the dose is correct - seen it happen several times), he/she would have no problem. They didn't administer the fatal dose.

Im surprised you didnt call me a racist as well.You come across as a me me sort of person,and yes,if you think you are better off income wise somewhere else...............theres the door me old China.

No you don't sound racist to me. You just like inviting others to go back to where they come from, whenever you can't think of anything to say.

I cannot plead that I am underpaid because I am paid for the work that I do and the results I get. If I am paid very little, it means I worked very little and deserve it.

Have plenty of family and friends in the medical profession and I don't share your view on it. Asking me a hypothetical about having my life in danger etc doesn't address the fallacy of arguing that just because it 'saves lives' or has 'responsibility' therefore it should be paid more. The fallacy lies in the fact that it is never ever enough.
It comes down to the comparison of what you are paid versus your input and what you add to the community etc.

An actor can make $4mill per film. This is a terrific result, and good luck to them who get it.

So, compare that payment and what they provide to the community/world in general, and you see what I'm getting at.

Actors are not important in the scheme of things. We all love them, they provide entertainment; but we don't need them, essentially.

China thinks nurses have no responsibility, and clearly sees them as a lower class; he's an arrogant fool.

He'll be one of those surgeons who treats nurses like a piece of shoit, who; when the nurses call up work before their shift in the OT to see who is operating that day, and when they find out who it is, they call in sick.

The NUM then has to run around like a headless chook trying to drum up staff on the phone, who will work with the pig of a surgeon, and they end up with agency staff that he can then yell at all day.

Last edited:
If China thinks he's severely underpaid, he'll probably think my pay is below the poverty line :)

Back on track:

Two of the benefits of dating a doctor are:

1) free flow of medical certificates if you wish to skive off work.
2) able to laugh at spoof music videos like Weird Al Yankovic's "Like A Surgeon"

No you don't sound racist to me. You just like inviting others to go back to where they come from, whenever you can't think of anything to say.

No,lets go back Off track.I could think of lots of things to say China,your views are very narrow minded,and you never answer a direct question.Why is that??Is it you cant think of anything to say when you are challenged??
If you bother to answer,and my guess is you will talk about something else in your next post,pleading poverty and whingeing how bad you have it.
Give us all a break.:mad:

Back