3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

If that is replicated more broadly, that is a good signal that not only the Aus but global economy is getting over the worst.

It's been interesting to watch the DJI over the last few months

Attachments

• DJI 20-3-12.JPG
    DJI 20-3-12.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 100
Hi

I see that AMP are offering 5.99% for 2 and 3 year investment loans. The 1 year rate is 6.09%.

There is an annual fee.

Tony

Agree, still good rates, but I suspect you'll need to utilise the rate lock fee, as you wouldn't want to wait until settlement (however efficient the other bank is to discharge) given the environment of increasing fixed rates. This becomes even more problmmatic (and expensive) if you are moving over multiple loans.

Agree, still good rates, but I suspect you'll need to utilise the rate lock fee, as you wouldn't want to wait until settlement (however efficient the other bank is to discharge) given the environment of increasing fixed rates. This becomes even more problmmatic (and expensive) if you are moving over multiple loans.
Totally agree. Like everyone else, I don't have a crystal ball but my gut feeling is that they'll follow suite shortly. They're also getting slammed with all of the fixed rate business they're receiving at present.

Cheers

Jamie

From AMP---
------------
2 and 3 year fixed rate increase Satuday night 11.59pm

Hi All

- Home Loan - fixed interest rates increase
2 year fixed rate loans increase by 0.15% p.a - 6.14%
3 year fixed rate loans increase by 0.20% p.a - 6.19%

Deals submitted prior to this time can be rate locked at 0.15% of the loan amount. Any deals in the system that have not locked and now wish to do so will incur a 0.25% of the loan amount.
----------------

From AMP---
------------
2 and 3 year fixed rate increase Satuday night 11.59pm

Hi All

- Home Loan - fixed interest rates increase
2 year fixed rate loans increase by 0.15% p.a - 6.14%
3 year fixed rate loans increase by 0.20% p.a - 6.19%

Deals submitted prior to this time can be rate locked at 0.15% of the loan amount. Any deals in the system that have not locked and now wish to do so will incur a 0.25% of the loan amount.
----------------

The RBA leaves it steady and the bank raise the rates, looking forward will the RBA then drop rates next meeting, or are the banks just being pro-active with a positive view on the global economy :confused:

My broker advised me about 6 weeks ago that fixed rates were likely to go up so I fixed all my loans to either 1 or 2 years. I now notice that AMP, Suncorp and Westpac have gone up since. I getting a felling that CBA and NAB are not far away from lifting their's as well.

It's great to have a pro active broker!!!

My broker advised me about 6 weeks ago that fixed rates were likely to go up so I fixed all my loans to either 1 or 2 years. I now notice that AMP, Suncorp and Westpac have gone up since. I getting a felling that CBA and NAB are not far away from lifting their's as well.

It's great to have a pro active broker!!!

I understand that AMP allows refund of the fee to rate fix if the refinance is not approved, not CBA. :(

so is it too late to fix?
how long would it take to fix 50% of a loan with westpac

Why dont you fix half your portfolio loans and leave the remainder variable.....that's what I did. Its more flexible for you & alot easier than splitting each loan.

St George has just cut it's fixed rates. Copy/pasted email below.

----------------------------
As a special offer for a limited time we're reducing 1, 2 and 3 year Fixed Rates to 5.99% p.a. under the Advantage Package!

These rates are available in conjunction with the current $700 Refinance Rebate campaign for Packaged refinance applications where the loan amount is greater than or equal to $250,000. Learn more ...

The new rates (shown below) are effective from Monday 16 April 2012 for new customers as well as existing customers switching into a new fixed rate.

As a special offer for a limited time we're reducing 1, 2 and 3 year Fixed Rates to 5.99% p.a. under the Advantage Package!

These rates are available in conjunction with the current $700 Refinance Rebate campaign for Packaged refinance applications where the loan amount is greater than or equal to $250,000. Learn more ...

The new rates (shown below) are effective from Monday 16 April 2012 for new customers as well as existing customers switching into a new fixed rate.

I hate that Westpac owns St George, yet Westpac's 3 year fixed rate is .54% more at the moment (or .34% with the professional package). It's just a joke! I hope they'll price match.

I hate that Westpac owns St George, yet Westpac's 3 year fixed rate is .54% more at the moment (or .34% with the professional package). It's just a joke! I hope they'll price match.

they also own rams, peppper and have a hand in a few others :)

they wont match on fixed rates ..........

Your best bet is to move if you can

ta
rolf

Cool, saw a broker last week who is putting together a loan package with St George for me. We had discounted going for a fixed rate but under 6% for 3 years is appealing.

Back