3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

No refinance cost involved ( ie discharge title etc...) but they will charge you to change product, re-asses your file or to lock in the rate etc...

Are you on a break free package right now? the 5.80% is for break free clients ( new and existing)

Regards
Michael

No refinance cost involved ( ie discharge title etc...) but they will charge you to change product, re-asses your file or to lock in the rate etc...

Are you on a break free package right now? the 5.80% is for break free clients ( new and existing)

Regards
Michael

yep break free! :)
thanks

I wander if its worth going for the 5.8% or waiting a while longer to see if they go lower?! I would do very nicely with this %. It would be a risk to wait I think. I reckon I should grab it while I can.

What do people think on here. Is 5.8% worth pursuing or do you think the fixed rates will go even lower?

According to the anz website its listed at 5.95% but maybe thats for people who dont have the breakfree package I dunno.

Could go lower, RBA should cut rates next month and a few more cuts expected this year.

Europe is still a basketcase and is 40% likely to go into recession. Rates could be low for a while to stimulate our economy

I don't really understand this obsession with fixed rates. If the whole world implodes the last thing you want is to be stuck with a mortgage that requires you to pay $5,000+ to break when you need all the money you can get your hands on.

aaron, you only pay the break costs if interest rates go up.

You still pay break costs. You just pay more if rates are higher than what you're currently paying. I just think the emphasis on rates is misleading - nothing is ever certain in business or investing.

'You still pay break costs. You just pay more if rates are higher than what you're currently paying. I just think the emphasis on rates is misleading - nothing is ever certain in business or investing. " Aaron

other way around - if ratea are say 7% and ur fixed at at 6%, then you should pay less break costs

alex if the fixed rate is going 2 help you out massively id say do it
if its not going to bother you now then maybe wait

Yeah it would help big time! I dont know enough about how fixed rates work and stuff. I need to learn more. For instance after the 2 years I'm assuming I revert back to my breakfree SVR, but is this going to cost much money to switch back to the breakfree.

Could go lower, RBA should cut rates next month and a few more cuts expected this year.

Europe is still a basketcase and is 40% likely to go into recession. Rates could be low for a while to stimulate our economy

Perhaps I should wait 2 months and see! I'm waiting to hear back from my mb and I'll discuss with him

Alex

Also, be aware that if u want IO fixed, this is a FULL loan application, so u want to make sure of

1. Your vals are ok ! perth has been a bit so so

2. Your serviceability is ok

If either come short you have wasted ur time and CRAA hit

Get the vals upfront and get the broker to do servicing AND show you its ok

ta
rolf

Alex

Also, be aware that if u want IO fixed, this is a FULL loan application, so u want to make sure of

ta
rolf

thanks for your reply! :)

Yeah Perth hasn't moved much. At the most my PPOR has only gone up around $10 K - $20 K in 4 years. My ip hasn't moved. ANZ might not want to uncross the loans if the LVR is still close to 80%

Anyway I'll make an appointment and see where I stand. Thanks

Alex

ta
rolf

Hi Rolf,

is this "Full" loan application required even when you are going from variable to fixed with the same bank?

thanks

Offered 6% 3yr fixed by the NAB today in general discussion with a branch manager ... but (okay, so I know them personally) was advised to hold off for a couple of months for sub-6.

This is not gospel advice ... but I wasn't going to fix unless they were sub-6 anyhow, so no skin off my nose if they don't.

Have today been offered by NAB 5.8% for 2 years (to match ANZ) that's with the choice package discount included.

I think you would need better than a 2 year term. Three years at least but five years preferrably.

I am waiting for the 3 years rates to drop to 6% .... hopefully soon and will consider locking in then.

My mb reckons wait to see if the IR fall at the next meeting in Feb. But also that you have to be careful and not wait to long. It might not go much lower than 5.8%. He says if you get something in the 5 range your doing well.

I worked out I'll save a total of around $150 per month for each loan with the 5.8% so I'll wait to see what happens in Feb and then jump at the 5.8%! The PPOR (which is ip#2) will be only slightly NG if I get the 5.8%

Back