3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

U should be fine to jump

Cba won't Generally process a disch for a week or so, like most other lenders.

I don't recall anz having a fast refi process (a process that doesn't require the other side to attend settlement).

In any case u can ask anz to pull a settlement right until they hand over the cheque to cba

Ta
rolf

Thanks for the advice Rolf .... much appreciated.

Things have changed at Westpac again. Crunched the numbers again and 5.99 will be very difficult. They have improved my break costs as per my other thread but.
They will honor my 5.99% offers that I have the paperwork for in front of me now.
My additional 5.99% request has gone up the food chain. Might have to be a tad over 6 this time.
Watch this space.

Crunching the numbers on 5.99% vs 6.0x%??? Why bother? 3 year fixed rates are good if you are struggling with serviceability and/or need certainty in life but apart from that I don't understand the need for excel spreadsheets calculating the pennies you save...

Crunching the numbers on 5.99% vs 6.0x%??? Why bother? 3 year fixed rates are good if you are struggling with serviceability and/or need certainty in life but apart from that I don't understand the need for excel spreadsheets calculating the pennies you save...

All my ip,s have split fixed/variable loans so I have a buffered interest repayment when variable rates move and I still maintain flexibility.
The above loan is just finishing a 7.25% period so whatever I get will be an improvement. My wife will be working part time while at home with our first child for a few years now so repayment certainty is what I am chasing over just $$$.
That said I will negotiate hard with the bank. I'm not going to just roll over and take it.And I enjoy the haggle.

All my ip,s have split fixed/variable loans so I have a buffered interest repayment when variable rates move and I still maintain flexibility.
The above loan is just finishing a 7.25% period so whatever I get will be an improvement. My wife will be working part time while at home with our first child for a few years now so repayment certainty is what I am chasing over just $$$.
That said I will negotiate hard with the bank. I'm not going to just roll over and take it.And I enjoy the haggle.

Sure, for certainty it's a good idea. I think it's better to fix half the number of loans rather than fix half of each of your loans - so you retain some flexibility at least if you need to access equity/sell.

Good point re: fixing half of the number of loans rather than 50% of each loan. Hadn't considered the implications re: selling up an IP.

I just had at a look at the RBA's historical data for the 3 year fixed rates and SVR, it's here if anyone is interested:
http://www.rba.gov.au/statistics/tables/xls/f05hist.xls

After doing my own analysis I'm going to fix a small loan at the 3 year rate of 6.1-6.2%. Just a risk mitigation strategy I guess. This loan is only about 15% of my total lending (of $999k lol... just short of $1m in loans!), but the plan is to fix another loan at a good 5 year rate, hopefully around the 6.5% mark. Not putting all my eggs into one basket yet but slowly diversifying, I guess.

I fixed about 60% of my for 3 years at 7.1% in January 2011. Whilst I am now missing out I have insurance and sometimes "we can't see the forest for the trees". That is, 7.1% is historically low.

The wisdom is to leave one or two IPS free to sell if the event you get in a tight spot.

Regards

Peter 14.7

I fixed about 60% of my for 3 years at 7.1% in January 2011. Whilst I am now missing out I have insurance and sometimes "we can't see the forest for the trees". That is, 7.1% is historically low.

The wisdom is to leave one or two IPS free to sell if the event you get in a tight spot.

Regards

Peter 14.7

hindsight be a wonderful thing............further, one of my biz mentors says, if u drive your car by the rear view mirror you are likely to have a lot of crashes ........

Or as Tony Robbins so eloquently says......we should have all over ourselves.

so the decision was right at the time !

ta

rolf

Things have changed at Westpac again. Crunched the numbers again and 5.99 will be very difficult. They have improved my break costs as per my other thread but.
They will honor my 5.99% offers that I have the paperwork for in front of me now.
My additional 5.99% request has gone up the food chain. Might have to be a tad over 6 this time.
Watch this space.

6.05 is the best they will do for a 3 year so close enough. And they have lowered the break cost more. All up I'm now 50 bucks pw better off and cash-flow neutral on my lemon IP.
That's good enough for me.

Hi all, thinking about fixing for 3 years on one IP loan. Probably is, my mortgage provider is only offering 6.49% for 3 years. Can anyone tell me if you need to pay mortgage stamp duty again if you change lenders, and what other costs are associated with switching to a new lender? The loan amount is $242000.
Cheers, Ali

Hi all, thinking about fixing for 3 years on one IP loan. Probably is, my mortgage provider is only offering 6.49% for 3 years. Can anyone tell me if you need to pay mortgage stamp duty again if you change lenders, and what other costs are associated with switching to a new lender? The loan amount is $242000.
Cheers, Ali

Hiya

Generally new stamps are NOT required in NSW unless the name changes OR the borrowings are no longer for Resi use

ta
rolf

Amp

Hi

I see that AMP are offering 5.99% for 2 and 3 year investment loans. The 1 year rate is 6.09%.

There is an annual fee.

Tony

Back