3 and 5 year fixed rate thread

banks arent battling this out............

your super funds are rushing around trying to secure a market position for their liquid to middle term cash....................guess what they are thinking the cash deposit rates will be over the middle term.

You dont have the be a great analyst to see how and why. Its really been plain as day for 12 to 18 mths if one takes the head out of the sand.

the margins on the funds thus procured would be quite consistent between the lenders I expect.

Wont be long now and we will have sub 5 for 5.............

ta

rolf

So on the assumption fixed rates are at the bottom for 3 years

what are people doing?

I've fixed mine for 2 to 3 yrs but what can you do when it expires and rates have gone up another 2% or so
its not worth fixing for 5 or 10 at existing rates

So on the assumption fixed rates are at the bottom for 3 years

what are people doing?

I've fixed mine for 2 to 3 yrs but what can you do when it expires and rates have gone up another 2% or so
its not worth fixing for 5 or 10 at existing rates

part of the rate risk strategy is "rate maturity"

Can be partially minimised by staggering maturities, leaving some variable, and if you are game, taking some longer term exposure of 5 to 12 years

ta
rolf

We’ve dropped our 1 year fixed rate to 5.19%p.a, 2 and 3 year fixed rate to 4.99%p.a and 4 Year Fixed Rate to 5.39%p.a under the Wealth Package.

Got this today via a email from the CBA

Cheers

I am with CBA and my fixed rate is up on 2 August. I want to rollover to another 3 year fixed term, but are scared CBA will follow ANZ's lead and increase there 3 year fixed rate before then. Can anyone advise how I could lock in the 4.99% rate now so that was what applied come the 2 August.

I am with CBA and my fixed rate is up on 2 August. I want to rollover to another 3 year fixed term, but are scared CBA will follow ANZ's lead and increase there 3 year fixed rate before then. Can anyone advise how I could lock in the 4.99% rate now so that was what applied come the 2 August.

you could break your current fixed rate, give them a call and get a quote on how much it would cost. it might not be that much!

I phoned & asked my bank (WBC) 4 years ago the same thing....To my astonishment they said yes.

Try the same! If you dont ask you dont get.

We’ve dropped our 1 year fixed rate to 5.19%p.a, 2 and 3 year fixed rate to 4.99%p.a and 4 Year Fixed Rate to 5.39%p.a under the Wealth Package.

Got this today via a email from the CBA

Cheers

Thanks for that.

I have CBA a call and they are stating that I need to fill out a form and then submit that to my local bank branch. I thought you could just do it over the phone...

I have an interest only loan which I would like to switch to 95% fixed and 5% variable so we still retain our offset.

Thanks for that.

I have CBA a call and they are stating that I need to fill out a form and then submit that to my local bank branch. I thought you could just do it over the phone...

I have an interest only loan which I would like to switch to 95% fixed and 5% variable so we still retain our offset.

Yes, you need to complete the switch form.

Back