350K house let for 300pw - madness??? Can you verify???

I was just pointing out that nobody should 'seek out' negative gearing or think they are clever because they are negative gearing. It's a loss - plain and simple. In the past people have made up for that loss with capital gain but that has everything to do with capital gain and nothing to do with negative gearing.

I rest my case.

Wylie

Why then are GHPC members angry at landlords? Surely you would all be so thankful that we are losing so much money subsidising your lifestyles?

I just cannot figure it out.

Rents are at historical norms compared to inflation and wages. They are neither cheap nor expensive.

They are only cheap COMPARED to buying, which has been pushed up by speculation.

We're not having our lifestyles subsidised, we're just letting someone else pay the speculative premium for us so we can get on with our lives.

So WHY are they angry at landlords if we are allowing them to live in a better house than they could possibly afford (or want) to spend their money on?

It seems lots of the GHPC (?) types are either gloating that we are losing buckets of money by negatively gearing, or angry because we are grabbing, blood sucking vultures, and not allowing them to buy?

They cannot have it both ways, surely.

Wylie

So WHY are they angry at landlords if we are allowing them to live in a better house than they could possibly afford (or want) to spend their money on?

It seems lots of the GHPC (?) types are either gloating that we are losing buckets of money by negatively gearing, or angry because we are grabbing, blood sucking vultures, and not allowing them to buy?

They cannot have it both ways, surely.

Wylie

Wylie - GHPC is a forum like this one. Lots of different people with different views on things. There is no signed agreement that everybody on GHPC thinks alike. Some are angry - some are amused - some are in it for the academic entertainment.

BTW - landlords are great. I haven't always rented (but do now) and it is a bargain and the landlord leaves me alone. And I think I am a good tenant too - change my own light bulbs, never miss a beat on paying rent, don't complain.

Back