5% Yield in Brisbane? Where?

I have read over and over again that investors generally won't accept anything below a 5% yield but where in Brisbane is this possible if you are buying house and land? Property prices have surged but rentals appear to be limping behind - any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mick

If you look to the north side - Narangba etc, it certainly is possible. I think you'd find it's possible in many suburbs - just got to find the right deals.

I agree there are deals around the City all day long.

You just have to look a little bit harder and be slighly more inventive.

Draw lines out from the CBD and research properties in suburbs along those lines until you find 5% gross yield. You will eventually find them.

it can be done, just difficult.

if you're really lucky, you can still find 2 bed units in and around kedron and nundah etc that will give 5% gross. they will be on the cheap end of the scale and largely unrenovated - but they do exist.

I have read over and over again that investors generally won't accept anything below a 5% yield but where in Brisbane is this possible if you are buying house and land? Property prices have surged but rentals appear to be limping behind - any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mick

Mick,

Have you checked out the Market Watch section in API mag? The December 07, issue has the Median rents for NSW, Vic, QLD, SA ... This could help you pin point potential suburbs.

Good luck

Martin

5% nope wouldn't buy it but I would buy a decent property that had good gc

potentiol and maybe my deposit would be enough so the return was 7% or above.

Come on, spend and little time and put a little effort in. Banyo, Zillmere, boondal, margate, clontarf, rothwell deception bay and there just the ones I know.

Look for the twists, Just found 2 flats in clontart 1 x 3br and 1x1br that can easily be turned into a 2br Listed at 375k will rent for 420 easily. there are duplex's for sale in rothwell that range for 275k to 335k all return 5%.

Come on, spend and little time and put a little effort in. Banyo, Zillmere, boondal, margate, clontarf, rothwell deception bay and there just the ones I know.

Look for the twists, Just found 2 flats in clontart 1 x 3br and 1x1br that can easily be turned into a 2br Listed at 375k will rent for 420 easily. there are duplex's for sale in rothwell that range for 275k to 335k all return 5%.

Thanks Wayne - some great tips there...appreciate it

Cheers

Mick

Back