603 m2 - choosing uints

Hi

I am looking to purchase a new property and would like to knock down the existing house and build two units. Can anyone provide a list of companies that I can look at online to view their designs. I want to make this as simple as possible (as it's my first development) so I am not looking at kit homes at this stage.

The property has the following demensions.

Land size 16.1m X 37.4m (603m2)

Thanks in advance.

Kaisha

Hi Kaisha,

Given the constraints involved when making a town planning application (as is required when developing property) it is going to be difficult to find a ready made solution to fit your requirements and appease the town planning department at the same time - not to mention keeping the neighbours happy.

As this is your first development, I recomend you get acquainted with the town planning process and understand how this sort of proposal comes together.

The land size should not present any issues (although it may, if there is an overlay that prescribes larger allotments, say 400m2 for example) but there are many more considerations before you need to worry about the detail of the design. The first stop needs to be satisfying yourself that the proposal fits within the planning constraints for the area.

A trip to the local town planning department might shed some light.

Good luck with your project.
And don't be dissuaded, the process is not difficult, but it's complex.

Back