A Career In Real Estate

Hi All!

My husband and I are considering changing careers to become REA's. Can someone tell me what are the pay structures. As I am aware that what you earn in the beginning are quite low, so maybe only one of us can venture in to REA.:rolleyes:
Why are some advertised positions are alot higher? The agents following the Jenman System (or Pittard Training Group) have salary packages start at $52K to $75K. Is there any catches with these high salary bases?

We currently are self employed, catering for a small club in a country town and we are planning for a career change. We are working long hours anyway, loves property and would like to see more people instead of stuck in the kitchen, heads down working 10 hrs a day. And no, we don't have weekends -we generally have Mondays off.

Any suggestions and advices? We are planning to do a diploma in RE with OTEN, so I'm giving us 18mths to 2 yrs to get ready. It all seems abit scary, starting all over again and moving back to Sydney. At least we will be back with our family and friends.:D

Thanks for helping!

Yes im doing the same, REA with a twist.

I felt I would wake up each day a bit more happier by being involved with something I have a natural passion for.

I am about a few months of finished the online licensing course :)

Good luck with your endeavours

Stumunro,

Good to know others taking the plunge too. Please keep me posted once you have finished your course.
Gee, I haven't really looked for another job for the last 10 years. I need to get an insight into the real world, especially in RE - hopefully with help from forum members. I hope to finish a food safety course by June and enroll in the diploma.

Cheers!

Hi All!

My husband and I are considering changing careers to become REA's. Can someone tell me what are the pay structures. As I am aware that what you earn in the beginning are quite low, so maybe only one of us can venture in to REA.:rolleyes:
Why are some advertised positions are alot higher? The agents following the Jenman System (or Pittard Training Group) have salary packages start at $52K to $75K. Is there any catches with these high salary bases?

We currently are self employed, catering for a small club in a country town and we are planning for a career change. We are working long hours anyway, loves property and would like to see more people instead of stuck in the kitchen, heads down working 10 hrs a day. And no, we don't have weekends -we generally have Mondays off.

Any suggestions and advices? We are planning to do a diploma in RE with OTEN, so I'm giving us 18mths to 2 yrs to get ready. It all seems abit scary, starting all over again and moving back to Sydney. At least we will be back with our family and friends.:D

Thanks for helping!

Shoot me a PM with your questions & I'll answer them. Here's a thread I replied to recently that details some information.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40511&highlight=real+estate+agent

Back