A nation of whingers

I also thought it was a good article, and had copied the link to post on here.

I see alot of unnecessary pessimism these days, both on somersoft and in general. I think we have plenty to be grateful for, and our pessimism is limiting what we are likely to achieve.
There are not many successful entrepreneurs who are pessimistic by nature!

It's typical Labor and the left-wing media (The Age, SMH) to say that 'oh Australia is still so good compared to countries like Greece etc' - then use that as an excuse to put some stupid tax / policy that rips us off. The entire reason why we aren't basket cases like Europe is because we had good policies (both from previous Coalition and Labor governments) before.

So of course people are pessimistic because they realise that the way things are going - we will end up like Europe/USA. It's not whinging - it's just a sign that people are not confident about the direction that this country is heading and want that change to be arrested before it's too late.

Australia isn't good compared to those countries, its freakin great.

We will not end up like USA & Europe at all. You're just being a typical Liberal supporter and having a whinge. Do you get on the Alan Jones/Andrew Bolt talk back shows and whinge with the rest of them?

And there is a huge difference being pessimistic and whingeing. They are nowhere near the same thing.

It's typical Labor and the left-wing media (The Age, SMH) to say that 'oh Australia is still so good compared to countries like Greece etc' - then use that as an excuse to put some stupid tax / policy that rips us off. The entire reason why we aren't basket cases like Europe is because we had good policies (both from previous Coalition and Labor governments) before.

So of course people are pessimistic because they realise that the way things are going - we will end up like Europe/USA. It's not whinging - it's just a sign that people are not confident about the direction that this country is heading and want that change to be arrested before it's too late.

You're just being a typical Liberal supporter and having a whinge. Do you get on the Alan Jones/Andrew Bolt talk back shows and whinge with the rest of them?

Not sure what a 'typical Liberal supporter' is. Maybe you are trying to label me as a conservative? Or part of the Liberal Legal-Profession born-to-rule faction? I for one am not happy with how this country is being run and I know you don't care since you are rusted-on ALP anyway. Lots of people share my views and they share that in the open these days due to the Internet etc. You might not like it because it doesn't concur with your view of the world but so what? Deal with it.

Lots of people share my views and they share that in the open these days due to the Internet etc. You might not like it because it doesn't concur with your view of the world but so what? Deal with it.

Sure a lot of people share your views. The whole point of the thread was that a lot of people who hold your views are whingers. Their concern is not for the country, it's for themselves.

Perhaps, as Lizzie pointed out, if people whinged less and worked harder, they would be better off.

Sure a lot of people share your views. The whole point of the thread was that a lot of people who hold your views are whingers. Their concern is not for the country, it's for themselves.

Perhaps, as Lizzie pointed out, if people whinged less and worked harder, they would be better off.

Wasn't going to bother with this one... and read only some of it... but...

The point of this thread was for Evand to keep on drumming on his point/s (to get on his soapbox :rolleyes:).

Concern for a country, oneself, is individual and not party related.

How many Labor voters can't look past what's in it for them, and whinge when things don't go their way (as opposed to their country)?

Some of the biggest whingers now, are the ones prepared to go against Labor at the next election.

Gillard is giving out cash because LABOR voters (not Liberal) are whinging,.

We will not end up like USA & Europe at all. You're just being a typical Liberal supporter and having a whinge. Do you get on the Alan Jones/Andrew Bolt talk back shows and whinge with the rest of them?

That's right. We won't end up like the USA unless we innovate, rather than sell rocks that happen to be here.

Well said, but directed at the wrong people.

Try this:

http://www.awu.net.au/

In this context a typical Liberal national supporter complains about everything. In the Abbott (he's the whingers poster boy) & Liberal National party itself, in the pro Liberal, Murdoch owned press, on the shock jock right wing talk back radio, on this forum, Billionaire, Liberal supporting miners, rural cockies always complaining about this or that...on and on.... its everywhere and its all right wing, Liberal National party or their supporters.

Not sure what a 'typical Liberal supporter' is.

Maybe a typical "insert political party name" supporter whinging is more to do with the fact that their party is in opposition.

Refer you to the Vic ALP supporters about the Vic government. This is nothing new in the parliamentary system in which Australia has at Fed & state levels.

In this context a typical Liberal national supporter complains about everything. In the Abbott (he's the whingers poster boy) & Liberal National party itself, in the pro Liberal, Murdoch owned press, on the shock jock right wing talk back radio, on this forum, Billionaire, Liberal supporting miners, rural cockies always complaining a its everywhere and its all right wing, Liberal National party or their supporters.
That's where you are wrong,and Labors idea of defining Australia future and that"s where the 2 realities merge on one side Labor voters,the other side above 50% of the Australian voting public want them out,..

The cash isnt going to Liberal voters as well? What a load of BS.

Not BS.

The cash is designed to sway disgruntled (whinging ;)) voters BACK to Labor - the ones they've anticipated have moved away from them in droves.

In other words, LABOR voters :rolleyes:.

It is to compensate for the carbon tax. So, Liberal voters will be sending it back i suppose?

Not BS.

The cash is designed to sway disgruntled (whinging ;)) voters BACK to Labor - the ones they've anticipated have moved away from them in droves.

In other words, LABOR voters :rolleyes:.

I ask you...

why are they compensating people for the Carbon Tax?

a) to genuinely help those that will struggle when they bring in the CT (don't even think of picking this one, cos I'm drinking coffee)

b) they want to lure back some of the 'whinging' Labor voters they've lost

c) to sway Liberal voters to vote Labor

That's where you are wrong,and Labors idea of defining Australia future and that"s where the 2 realities merge on one side Labor voters,the other side above 50% of the Australian voting public want them out,..

There's no merging. The ALP has gone to the extreme Left on this carbon tax issue - and no amount of compensation or handouts is going to bring them back. People do not like to be told 'this is what we think is the best for the country, and we are going to impose it on you, whether you like it or not and we don't care how it impacts your jobs/business'. It happened with Howard back in 2007 (in part) with Workchoices, and it will happen even more so with the Carbon Tax.

Back