Advice From Melbournians

Btw hombie,Someones castle is another mans rubbish.
Everyone has there different criterias when it comes down to a Ppor.
Cheers Spades.

hombie,poster was referring to IP not Ppor BUT since you brought up Ppor,there are pockets and if i were to live in springvale,i'd go springvale north over berwick.

I was replying to rizzle who is looking for PPoR not the OP.

By the way, here is the latest report in outer South East suburbs. It seems the residential suburbs (Noble Park North, Endeavour Hills and Berwick) are leading the capital growth.

Noble Park North is at the top with a whopping 16.8 percent increase in a year. I know this suburb quite well, it is the school zone of SE with 5 big schools and colleges which is a lot for a suburb of its size.

Now we can see the outer South East suburbs moving, which is a great sign. Smart people are getting out of crowded and exorbitant inner city.

any suburb after Clayton South (Westall station) is not suitable for PPoR except Berwick.

Come again? This is clearly your own opinion, I would suggest to keep such comments to be made clear.

Also what makes you so determined that only berwick is suitable for PPOR?

The problem with the West is that most of the city is in the East. That means most facilities (good schools, good doctors, good playcenters, good public hospitals) and jobs are in the East. Beaches, hills and tourist spots everything in the East. If you have family and friends, chances are most of them will be living in the East.

What am coming towards is that you will have to travel to the East very frequently which means crossing the painful city traffic. So its ok to be in the West as long as you only goto job (CBD) from home and come back home (West).

Needless to say 90% of the Western suburbs are known for morbid crime and troublemakers have been cornered into the West. Both Coburg and Footscray have bad reputation, so it best for the OP to visit the areas and get opinions from the locals / local newspapers before proceeding.

The practicality and convenience of living in the East is simply unavoidable when you start researching on which area to buy.

:p Funny post. So many 'facts' there.

Please do not pollute the forums with this dribble.

I agree but obviously more people prefer some castles than others. That demand impacts prices.
I agree,any idea on the % of defaults on the higher end compared to the lower end?

I was replying to rizzle who is looking for PPoR not the OP.

Fair enough

By the way, here is the latest report in outer South East suburbs. It seems the residential suburbs (Noble Park North, Endeavour Hills and Berwick) are leading the capital growth.

Noble Park North is at the top with a whopping 16.8 percent increase in a year. I know this suburb quite well, it is the school zone of SE with 5 big schools and colleges which is a lot for a suburb of its size.

Now we can see the outer South East suburbs moving, which is a great sign. Smart people are getting out of crowded and exorbitant inner city.

I agree,as i've watched these areas as well...Personally i wouldn't live in Endeavour hills,berwick,cranny etc,i prefer the hills and that's where i'm headed,bel sth up :p...Each to there own.

Imo people wanting lifestyle are getting more bang for there buck in certain areas and it shows no sign of slowing soon.

:p Funny post. So many 'facts' there.

Please do not pollute the forums with this dribble.

Its not a dribble, please face the reality.

Employment - The major employment hubs except the CBD, all are in the East. Burwood - IT Zone, Ringwood and Chadstone - Retail hub, Dandenong/Bayswater/Clayton/Cheltenham - mechanical jobs, storage and trucking businesses.

Name any big employers in the Western suburbs ? except little bit of closing businesses around the West Gate bridge.

Good schools, Good TAFEs and Unis - All in the East

Greenery, beaches, hills, leafy suburbs, views - all East.

Extensive train, road, freeway and tram network - all East.

Govt's priority and upgrades - all East. Its a little known fact the govt serves the influential Eastern suburbs before the Western suburbs. e.g. see this example - http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/brighton-jumps-the-queue-as-death-trap-waits-20130207-2e1d0.html

Doncaster rail line will be built earlier than much more needed projects in the West, even though Doncaster has plenty of public transport. Because Doncaster is full of influential residents who can turn the tables around, if their 'nice to haves' are not delivered quickly.

Come from any perspective, East wins - hands down :cool:

Employment - The major employment hubs except the CBD, all are in the East. Burwood - IT Zone, Ringwood and Chadstone - Retail hub, Dandenong/Bayswater/Clayton/Cheltenham - mechanical jobs, storage and trucking businesses.

Name any big employers in the Western suburbs ? except little bit of closing businesses around the West Gate bridge.

Govt's priority and upgrades - all East. Its a little known fact the govt serves the influential Eastern suburbs before the Western suburbs. e.g. see this example - http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/brighton-jumps-the-queue-as-death-trap-waits-20130207-2e1d0.html

Doncaster rail line will be built earlier than much more needed projects in the West, even though Doncaster has plenty of public transport. Because Doncaster is full of influential residents who can turn the tables around, if their 'nice to haves' are not delivered quickly.

Employment in the west - Retail such as highpoint, Werribee and Westfield's opening soon.

Altona Toyota plus many, many other industrial and commercial ventures. Schools and building industry. Plus the people who all commute to CBD.

There are good school in the west, maybe have a look at the my school website..

Greenery and beaches. Umm, have you ever been to Williamstown or Altona beach???

I think you will find there are trains which service the West. Werribee, Williamstown and Altona. Use the major renovations at Laverton and new Williams Landing.

Ever heard of the East West tunnel? Government must see some reason in doing this. Funny you think it is simply to get to the East where all the amenities are. No one from East goes West do they?

Have you ever been in these suburbs? Are you a stay at home mum who simply buys into the the East propaganda on the internet? Seriously, go check out Altona Beach and the dog park. Beautiful.

Yes we get it, you're from the east and you love it. Great.

Now to some facts:

There are so many major employers in the west and north than I can name, Ford, Toyota, Mobil etc.

Public Transport network in the west is the same as in the east, not sure what you're talking about there, if anything the east is much more congested and harder to get around due to too many people like you who think it's paradise on earth and must live there. And by the way Doncaster station has been coming for 20 years now, keep waiting, it'll come.

Not saying the east is bad but neither is the west, there is good and bad suburbs in both, but generally Melbourne is a great city.

hombie,poster was referring to IP not Ppor BUT since you brought up Ppor,there are pockets and if i were to live in springvale,i'd go springvale north over berwick.

I go to Springvale fairly often for Vietnamese food and I cant believe how busy that place is. It is almost impossible to get a carpark anywhere near the shops - night or day, weekend or weekday. On top of that it is rapidly changing, new shops and buildings going up all the time. I have no idea what property prices are doing but the suburb itself is absolutely thriving.

What are peoples thoughts on Ringwood, Heathmont etc. with the announcement of more development to Eastland and infrastructure.

I am a first home buyer, and to get a decent size property at an affordable price, it seems like these ares are the ones to look at?

For a PPOR, I would buy in the inner west/north before the outer south/east. The inner to middle ring eastern suburbs are nice but anything further out is very overrated IMO.

Back