Advice on bagging a B.V house

Hello out there

I have been tossing whether or not to render or bag my red brick house. I do like the look of the smooth render and it is definately not a job I would attempt myself.
Bagging on the otherhand seems a little less complicated... and I am considering this option as being cost effective. I figure once
it is painted... anything will look better than the red textured brick.
I would like to hear from anyone who has bagged their home and would appreciate any information including, what type of sand used, sand:cement ratio, additives, paints , tools and techniques and what success you've acheived. Did you find that it added much value to your property ?
Looking forward to any replies.

I feel rendering looks 10X better but thats just my personal opinion - and total costs is only $25m2

We have bagged a room (interior) previously - it isnt very hard - its also very cheap - adding value - definately - looked 10X better than the old bricks before but then again it depends on your area an expensive house kind of gets let down by bagged walls and rendered would look much better

but in lower price areas bagging might be all that is needed !

just do a search on here ... my costs are off a thread i read somewhere on the forum :) should be a lot more info as well :)

$20 m2 - even better !

surely paint wouldnt be much extra anyhow - even if its just an oxide mixed in w/ the render

Can't imagine an oxide mixed in with the render as lasting too long (ie. fading). No different to colored concrete. Plus paint will give you a much larger palette of colors anyway.

Aesthetically I think rendering is much nicer than bagging. If you use the solid-color acrylic renders you won't have to paint, but if you stop enjoying the color you could be up for painting anyway.

I personally wouldn't attempt rendering myself.

The Render Vs Bagging Debate can also vary depending on the asthetics of an area.

We are planning on Bagging our house in Wahroonga ( PPOR ) and part of the decision came from looking at what other houses in the area had done. It's an area with a lot of trees , non regular blocks, different styles of houses ( more casual houses) . We realised that most of the houses in the area were bagged , including one expensive recent construction that we have admired from afar. Bagging gives a more informal look , while Rendering looks more formal.

For about half the cost we'll go with bagging.

See change

Hi all

Looks like i might be the only Renderer/Plasterer on this forum.

Andrew, as far as decisions go, its your call, all i can do is give you alternatives and advice on products, costs etc.

Anyone need some rendering info feel free to pm me or email me

[email protected]

Cheers,
Serge

Back