Advice re: working for property development company

Hi there

I have been offered a new job and I am very undecided on if I should take the position or not. Without going into all the pros and cons, the reason I am seriously considering this position is that it is working for a property development company. I would be working as a bookkeeper. I am very interested in property, but I would say my passion is more for property investment and residential building, rather than land development. I am only very new to property investment, we have purchased our second house this year and rented out our first house, and we are looking to do a renovation on our new home. Do you think working for a property development company that focuses on residential land development would be a good move? I know there a probably a million other factors that could be considered, but I really just am wanting opinions. Very bad at making decisions!!

Thanks heaps in advance and apologies if not posted in right section, wasn't sure where to put this!

If you want to learn more about property then I believe you will still benefit from working at such a company. It does depend on a lot of factors and one that comes to mind is how privy you will be to general day to day discussions to those that are making the decisions.

If you are in an open office you can learn a lot from just listening to peoples conversations and asking questions also helps.

Back