Anchorage Thread Closed?

Dear All,

1. Based on new data provided by Paulie, Australand would have successfully re-sold the following lakefront townhouses recently, at its Stage 1 "Waterfront Parkway on the Anchorage Project" which were returned to the market, as follows:

a. Lot 1858, at 54 Waterfront Parkway, Shoalwater, WA 6169 for A$575,000 on 28th August 2007.

b. Lot 1856, at 50 Waterfront Parkway, Shoalwater WA 6169 for A$575,000 on 18th Sep 2007.

2. Both the townhouses were reportedly sold with a further A$25,000 stamp duties rebate and a $15,000 price discount as advised by one of its new buyers.

3. Consequently, Australand has also been known to have further reduced its asking price for its remaining 2 x Stage 1 lakefront townhouses from its previous listed price of A$545,000 to its present A$525,000 in November 2007 period recently at http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...header=&c=52641322&s=wa&snf=rbs&tm=1195730310, as marketed by WA Property Project Marketing Pty Ltd, as follows:

a. Lot 1849, 23 Atrion Lane, Shoalwater, WA 6169.

b. Lot 2095 at 46 Waterfront Parkway Shoalwater, WA 6169.

4. For your further comments and discussion, please.

5. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH

Last edited:
Dear All,

1. The following properties in the Anchorage Estate were reportedly sold during the month of October 2007 as follows:

a. a near-new 3x 2bedroom house at 9 Spindrift Blvd, Rockingham WA 6168 for A$463,000 on 5th October 2007.

b. a near-new 4 x 2 house at 15 Boyle Avenue, Rockingham WA 6168 for A$625,000 on 9th October 2007.

c. a new 4 x 3 house at 5, Zarraffe Avenue, Shaolwater, WA 6169 for A$425,000 on 10th October 2007.

d. Unit 16 of the newly built 3x2 bedroom group housing at 36, Epilson Road Rockingham WA 6168 for A$385,000 on 25th October 2007.

2. For your kind update and further comments/discussion where neccessary, please.

3. Thank you.

Cheers,
Kenneth KOH

Dear All,

1. The local market for properties in the Anchorage Estate, appears to have slowed down quite a bit recently, with increasing numbers of house listings for sale and generally, with more vendors willing to lower asking prices for their properties to more realistic level.

2. While more of the new/newly built 4 x 2 houses in the Anchorage Estate are generally advertised for sale at the www.realestate.com for around A$445,000, near to their respective present new house replacement values, there are also some properties selling still well-above their prevailing house replacement values, for example the 4 x2 house at 30, Almond Street, Shoalwater, WA6169 was recently for A$495,000 in April 2008.

3. It also appears that more vacant land lots, at least 22 piece vacant land lots in the Shoalwater part of the Anchorage Estate are being advertised for re-sale at www.reiwa.com and www.realestate.com respectively.

http://reiwa.com/lst/lst-ressale-results.cfm?page_no=1

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...any&pxe=any&minlandsize=&frontage=&p=10&o=def

4. Previously un-available for public sales as they are specially being reserved by the land developer, Australand, for their own in-house "Waterfront on the Anchorage" Project to develop and build their own lakefront townhouses for sale to the general public under Stage 18 of their Land Releases, most of these lakefront vacant land lots located in the Shoalwater part of the Anchorage Estate, are presently being listed for re-sale at A$279,000.

5. Other non-lakefront vacant land lots wich are advertised for sale, generally have realistic asking prices between A$234,000-$264,000 price range, The asking prices for 2 of the non-lakefront and smaller cottage vacant land lots at Lexar Bend, have further come down, as low as A$199,000 per vacant land lot, though there were other vacant land lots in the same Anchorage Estate continuing with high asking prices of
no less than A$285,000

6. According to www.realestate.com, there are presently 3 lakefront townhouses in the Anchorage Estate, which comes with their own respective "Green Title" , being advertised for sale with the following asking prices:

a. 42, Waterfront Parkway, - A$549,000 - A$589,000 asking price by Peard +Wright-Rockingham.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...er=&cc=&c=10261365&s=wa&snf=rbs&tm=1209359943

b. 102, Waterfront Parkway (still under construction by Pt Bourvard Home Builders) - A$585,000 asking price, as advertised by Pt Bouvard Home Builders.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...er=&cc=&c=10261365&s=wa&snf=rbs&tm=1209359943

c. Lot 2033, Waterfront Parkway, (under construction by Port Bourvard Home Builders) - A$585,000 asking price as advertised by 21st Century Coastal Realty-Mandurah.

5. For your further comments and discussion, please.

6. Thank you.

Cheers,
Kenneth KOH

Hi All,

Just settled on 32 Grove Street, Shoalwater yesterday for 410,000. Currently asking $400 pw rental. Will keep you posted whether I can achieve this or not.

Have a great day!

I am getting $320 for my 54 Grove Street and it is going up to $350 in July (wonderful tennants).

For 32 Grove Street, I have 2 people wanting to look at the property at this price. Will keep you posted.

I have a great PM whose not afriad to ask high rents and I am more than happy to recommend her.

Have a great day!

Hi Kenneth,

My property manager works for the same real estate agency that I work at (and have a share holding in) so I will disclose that up front.

She has just won the property manager of year award for the whole of Harcourts so I'd like to think that she's good at what she does.

Her name is Rebecca Fretwell (Harcourts Integrity- Maylands) and she is contactable on 9473 4888. She is currently managing 4 of my properties in Rockingham and would be more than happy to look after more properties.

So if you're unhappy with your property manager, give her a call.

Have a great day!

Prak

Hi All,

Just accepted an application on my 32 Grove Street for 370 per week for 12 months with a 6 monthly review.

Hopefully all the owners in here can start asking a higher rent for their investment.

Have a great day!

Prak

Gday All,

A big storm ripped through Shoalwater this morning, damage reports coming in and Anchorage is being mentioned often.

Anyone affected, can someone give us an on the ground appraisal of the damage?

Cheers,
Beef.

one of the 2 storey summit homes lost their rooves and it is in the lake, the worst damage seems to be the zaraffa / eldon st area. power is out.

Cheers Ausprop,

Just listening to 720 ABC streaming and the reports from the SES sound like it was pretty bad.

Hope no-one was injured.

Cheers,
Beef.

Anchorage Estate - Rockingham Tornado hit today

Tornado has hit parts of the Anchorage Estate there are many houses damaged, bottom of Merrimac Loop. Damage mainly is to roofs and fences. Power was off for about 5 hours but has now been restored. One brand new build lost majority of it's roof. Another new build has lost several walls in this morning's storm.

All part of the ongoing bad luck we seem to be going through!

Kenneth very kindly phoned this morning to let me know what was happening, he says that 48 Grove st is ok but the house behind has completely lost its roof and he said that we just have a few damaged tiles at 56 Grove st. However the tenant has called the agent to say that half of the roof is gone so I hope its just a case of exaggeration from the tenant. Raine and Horne appear to have gone awol but Ray White who we have now changed over to for the sales were contacted by the tenant. If anyone has a third opinion about how much damage we actually appear to have please let me know. It certainly sounds as though we have gotten off lightly though compared to a lot of people.

I hope you SSs are fully insured if you have storm damage from todays events.
The other problem will be getting tradies to fix the damage asap.
Good luck
cheers yadreamin

Thanks for that Judge, I had been on there earlier looking at the news report and the video but hadn't seen the photo gallery. Ours weren't on there. Don't know how the fences are doing yet. If anyone is able to email pics of our houses at 48 and 56 Grove st showing any damage to [email protected] that would be awesome.

The shed just vanished, tenants can't find it. Thats hilarious. Also some roof damage (not sure to what extent), fence fallen down and windows smashed. Insurer will have a field day though I have a feeling fence and shed may not be covered. Doh!

The shed just vanished, tenants can't find it. Thats hilarious. Also some roof damage (not sure to what extent), fence fallen down and windows smashed. Insurer will have a field day though I have a feeling fence and shed may not be covered. Doh!

Check your policy. Our fence and the neighbour's kid's cubby house were covered in our respective policies.

Hi All,

Just had my houses on 32 & 54 Grove Street Shoalwater valued last week, it came in at a surprising $450,000K each. So the valuers still believe that it still holds some value.

Also we just increased the rent to $350 pw for 54 Grove.

Hopefully with the IR coming down, the whole area will pick up.

All the best,

Prak

Back