Anti-Social behaviour - tenant

I have a question for landlords, particularly those who own in a medium size strata complex (NSW).

Would you want to remove a tenant that is a nuisance to other residents in a block? By nuisance I mean loud music / clapping hands and deliberately setting out to intimidate and cause conflict on Common Property and from his lot.

Also, is there a Duty of Care for a Landlord / Managing Agent to remove tenants that are “anti-social”?

I have had this occur in VIC, generally a notice that lease will not be renewed is served or 3 consecutive breach notices for 'nuisance' behaviour is issued before a tribunal hearing for possession. Contact the owners corporation and engage their assistance.

There is a duty of care to remove these people but more often than not people look to teh owners corporation to initiate action with the property manager. Good Luck with this one!

I have a question for landlords, particularly those who own in a medium size strata complex (NSW).

Would you want to remove a tenant that is a nuisance to other residents in a block? By nuisance I mean loud music / clapping hands and deliberately setting out to intimidate and cause conflict on Common Property and from his lot.

Also, is there a Duty of Care for a Landlord / Managing Agent to remove tenants that are “anti-social”?

Enjoy the headache that is about to ensue... But then again you probably have an even bigger one at the moment

We recently, had a tenant in an adjoining unit, lodge a complaint with us, about our tenant. As a PM, we were naturally concerned, no only about our tenants non compliance of the bylaws of the Body Corp, but also our reputation. We asked both parties to attend our office, and to our very pleasant surprise, we facilitated a shift in behavour, and now have a non conflict environment. I wont say harmonious, but big improvement nontheless. Give that some thought, it may work for you.

Back