Anyone got their 900 bucks yet?

Havent got ours yet. :(

We havent lodged our 2008 returns as yet :eek:

However we've done our 2008 ITWV's applications tho :) - I wonder if ITWV will trigger our Ruddy payment :confused:

I wonder how many productive work hours have been lost in this country discussing and administering this stupid $900 handout

Same as most Govt Dept's I'd imagine - only 36 hours lost per week per public servant! ;)

Last edited:
The complexity of administering all these crazy schemes is mind boggling - all to pander to a myriad of minority interest groups - everything from low income tax offsets, family benefits A and B, krudd bonus v1 and v2, super co-contributions, baby bonuses, TRAs... it really is ridiculous. and still we have nuisance taxes such as stamp duty being charged on the GST on insurance policies (or as I process it in my accounts... "tax on tax")

The complexity of administering all these crazy schemes is mind boggling - all to pander to a myriad of minority interest groups - everything from low income tax offsets, family benefits A and B, krudd bonus v1 and v2, super co-contributions, baby bonuses, TRAs... it really is ridiculous. and still we have nuisance taxes such as stamp duty being charged on the GST on insurance policies (or as I process it in my accounts... "tax on tax")

Yep politicians and tax ... *shudders*

Got mine yesterday but owed the Taxman $2400.00 so it all went straight back to him... That sucks..but at least it was their money.

I received my letter of confirmation for the $900 but its dated two days ago and I still haven't received it..

It should go to my Bank account that was used for last years return, unless its gone to my X-accountants trust account.. in which case they won't be in a hurry to return it to me as I switched accountants last week..

Seems to be a little flood of them going through today!

One has turned up in our household via bank account this morning for one of the boys, still no sign of mine or hubbies though as yet!

Just be careful because it is "total income" not taxable income. For example negative gearing is added back on, plus business income may be too.
Still haven't got mine yet either.

Not sure if anything will be forthcoming due to the above though. Will wait and see.

Regards
Marty

I received an envelope in the mail today.

"Great" I thought. "It's my cheque!"

But not yet. It was a letter.

"Some weeks ago I wrote and invited you to take part in the National Bowel Cancer screening program. You have not yet returned a completed test for analysis".

Some letdown!

Not sure if anything will be forthcoming due to the above though. Will wait and see.

I was referring to the super co-contribution when I said that negative gearing etc was added back on. I can confirm via my own experience that negative gearing is definitely not added back on in regards to the tax bonus. It is taxable income.

Got mine - straight on credit card to pay school fees and other expenses in having 2 kids. No longer on IT contractor rates, now back to permanent employment. The effect of the GFC i suppose.

Back