Anyone got their 900 bucks yet?

I'm guessing they're issuing the payout in the same order everyone sent their tax return in last year??
I put mine in just before the deadline 30th Oct.. So may need to wait bit longer..
When did you put yours in Rob?

When did you put yours in Rob?

July 1st :)
Not really, but it would have been in first couple weeks of July. I make the appointment with the accountant well in advance and have all my paperwork and figures ready by June 30th, so I'm ready to go as soon as I get my Group Cert.
Having OCD does have some advantages!!

It's actually being distributed by postcodes:
http://blogs.news.com.au/budgetbust..._insider_on_the_tax_bonus_payments_timetable/

I put my tax return in just before the deadline too but got the bonus about 1 or 2 weeks ago now.

"We select a small percentage from within each postcode each night, so that no individual point in the system gets bombarded. There’s 7 million+ letters being sent! "

here they are saying it is not by postcode - because if it were that postcode would be bombarded. which is BS in itself... one letter to each house is not going to bombard a postcode.

here they are saying it is not by postcode - because if it were that postcode would be bombarded. which is BS in itself... one letter to each house is not going to bombard a postcode.
Well, it might not bombard the postal system- but it might bombard the local plasma TV shop :)

Sue78 - I hope that you are reading this.

Focus on the 2007/08 tax return and file that first.
I still have one year owing and I received my 'kruddy stimu poke' as I filed that year. So experts who have been saying that you MUST file all your previous year tax returns to receive the mulah has been working for the ATO to get everyone to file back taxes.

Last edited:
But, at 55, somebody has suggested to me that if I can structure some of my SMSF into a "Transition to an Allocated Pension" (TRAP) which I can draw on immediately.

Is this really possible?
Yes... have a look at this calculator to see how much you can potentially save and download the factsheet while you are there.

http://www.assetsuper.com.au/calculator.html

I don't qualify for the $900 stimulus because I don't get the FTB but do qualify for the $1,200 low income tax offset and $1,500 super co-contribution... go figure??

Still trying to do my damn tax! What a nightmare...:(

Regards Jo

Yes - I meet with our Accountant and submitted Quickbooks compiled by Bookkeeper in February.

Received our individual tax returns today from Accountant - read and made alteration/corrections hubby will take to Accountant on Wednesday.

Trust we make the deadline for submitting returns ?15th May 2009.

This financial year I want bookkeeper to have everything finalised by September at the latest.

Regards
Sheryn

My Ex Gf rang me today saying she rang the ATO asking if she was getting it and they have said she isnt entitled to the $900 because when she did her tax return last year and got back all of her Tax. this doesnt make sense to me...

My Ex Gf rang me today saying she rang the ATO asking if she was getting it and they have said she isnt entitled to the $900 because when she did her tax return last year and got back all of her Tax. this doesnt make sense to me...

I think that may well be the case. This link has a calculator that allows you to submit your details to find out if you are eligible.

http://ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/content/00178930.htm&page=1&H1

Husband and I have yet to recieve ours :(.

Back