Anyone got their 900 bucks yet?

My Ex Gf rang me today saying she rang the ATO asking if she was getting it and they have said she isnt entitled to the $900 because when she did her tax return last year and got back all of her Tax. this doesnt make sense to me...
I've had employees who have missed out for the same reason.

I've also had students who have had two payments- legitimately. One as a student, and one as an employee.

My Ex Gf rang me today saying she rang the ATO asking if she was getting it and they have said she isnt entitled to the $900 because when she did her tax return last year and got back all of her Tax. this doesnt make sense to me...

Eligibility here.

You need to have paid tax in your 2007-08 return to be eligible.

Well someone will be paying for it:

"We've tried to be as fair as possible to ensure the pain will mostly be felt by people who are reasonably well off"
finance minister Lindsay Tanner

I never even got mine, just got a $900 tax credit instead.
Now they're gonna bleed me dry for that measly $900 that i never even got.

Now they're gonna bleed me dry for that measly $900 that i never even got.

it's called salt, when you have finished bleeding it will be rubbed into the wound.

weird that only a few weeks ago we needed stimulating and now suddenly there is the realisation that the coin jar is empty and it needs to be refilled. Couldn't we have saved all the hassle and administration and not sent out all those $900 cheques in the first place?

not to mention that the $900 has been spent on ipods and ninetendos, but the $900 clawed back is coming from the health system and superannuation savings. madness.

Back