Anyone heard of or used this mob?

Hi Greg

You can do a lot better than them, at least when I was looking a few years back. I think they advertise FROM $6k.....not cheap. They are not made to spec, you just get the closest size they have and filler panels. You can get the same elsewhere cheaper, or in flat pack which I am told is still good quality. A couple of the big auction houses also sell good size U shape new kithens for around $2500 - $2800 including granite benchtop and poly doors.

Have a look at Paradise Kitchens 70 Hassall St Wetherill Park 2164
(02) 9757 4834
www.paradise-kitchens.com.au

They advertise in our local paper from $1800 incl granite (smallish) and I have seen one installed that someone on the forum bought - good value.

Thanks Beachside

I am aware of Paradise

I just saw an ad in our tv supplement for wholesale kitchens and as I am hopefully buying a completly unrenoed place next week it caught my attention.

You are right that they advertise a $6k kitchen which they are offering 20% disc on for a short while. They do claim to have cheaper opts too but I was not aware that they are standard sizes.

Regards
Greg

I installed a tailor made kitchen for under $3500 inc white goods. Came from a factory and was fitted by a builder too.

Not a little kitchen - it serves five adults and has a pantry big enough for all of them!

Just got to shop around and offer cash.

I installed a tailor made kitchen for under $3500 inc white goods. Came from a factory and was fitted by a builder too.

Not a little kitchen - it serves five adults and has a pantry big enough for all of them!

Just got to shop around and offer cash.

$3500 would be hard to be beat at the places I mentioned Simon.
Can you give me a run down on what you got?
- pantry
- overheads
- appliances? dw, gas top or electric, oven brand etc..

- electrician's bill on top of $3500?
- new or reno with power and plumbing in place?
- flooring and wall tiles adjustments?

any info appreciated, as I am going through this at the moment...

$3500 would be hard to be beat at the places I mentioned Simon.
Can you give me a run down on what you got?
- pantry
- overheads
- appliances? dw, gas top or electric, oven brand etc..

- electrician's bill on top of $3500?
- new or reno with power and plumbing in place?
- flooring and wall tiles adjustments?

any info appreciated, as I am going through this at the moment...

Was a reno and most of the plumbing and power was in the right places. I had one power point moved for the fridge for about $100.

The pantry is a corner one and really big with five shelves.

The bench top was formica as it is very durable and best value for money.

Cupboards were melamine with 2mm pvc edges which look smart and are also durable.

I bought stainless steel handles which were just under $200 and look very smart and actually made it look like a more expensive kitchen to the untrained eye.

The benchtops, carcasses, drawers, pantry and cupboard doors were $2000 from a little factory in Punchbowl Sydney from memory. Three guys worked there and only one spoke English - or perhaps he was the only one willing to talk to me. They quoted me $2500 and took $2000 cash on the spot. They also ran up a new cupboard on the spot as my builders diagram wasn't as clear as they needed. Was very fast too.

My builder lent me his one tonne van to fetch the carcasse etc and it only just squeezed in - drawers on the passenger seat ... ran on gas so it cost me about $50 in fuel I think.

Builder charged me $400 for a days work to install it with me as his unskilled offsider.

My missus cousin works for a whitegoods firm and delivered an upright stove for $400 odd dollars. We used an exhaust fan rather than a rangehood because of the layout and keeping the price low was about $20. We reused some overhead cupboards and painted them to match the rest. probably spent $100 on paint...

Racking my brains to think of what else cost me. ...

Reused the sink and gave it a really good once over with polish. Came up a treat. I bought a new mixer tap for $65. Another $20 for flexible steel braided hoses for the plumbing - those things are amazing and really easy to use. No more soldering copper pipes which put plumbing beyond the unskilled such as I.

I did the wall tiles and Jamie lent me his considerable skill to do the floor tiles. Was about $300 in tiles and glue and a carton of beer to fuel us along.

Now this was a student house so I went for durability and low cost. If I had been tarting the place up for sale I would have spent a little more.

Had a REA appraisal done after the reno and she thought it was great - she may have just been pissing in my pocket though.

Think the overall reno cost about $7500 which included a full repaint, sealing and cutting a new doorway. Some major work on an overgrown garden which inc $300 in rubbish removal fees.

Hope this helps. Can't really help you with contact details as they were in Newcastle and Sydney.

Cheers,

The benchtops, carcasses, drawers, pantry and cupboard doors were $2000 from a little factory in Punchbowl Sydney from memory
Hi Simon, were they cabinet makers you just happened across & did u do the measure up? You don't happen to have a contact number for them?

Thanks
Greg

Back