Anyone watching the cricket?

comes down to the coach/captain combo impo.

we've got a desperate captain trying to save face at every turn and a new coach who's determined to win back the ashes - at what looks like all costs.

the whole game stunk of desperation.

Johnson is great though when he is consistent. Lyon isn't too bad either.
Steven Smith not so great... yet (I know him personally so should be biased toward him - so think in the long term he will get there hopefully :rolleyes:)
I think it's a shame with Johnson.. really had the pace and aggression, but not the control with his line and length..
I really like to watch Smith play - lots of enthusiasm and pretty good with the bat.. maybe lacking composure?

The cricket is so YAWN this year ... but what about last nights' tennis!

Go Sam!!

I've really been enjoying it.
The Melbourne test was great to watch, and what I saw of the Sydney test today was enjoyable too.
Its good when its not clear who is going to win, but when there are lots of wickets, but things move along quickly.

Clark

I was never a big fan, but I love that he let Hussey get 150 and then declared, before getting up to or passing the Don.

I was never a big fan, but I love that he let Hussey get 150 and then declared, before getting up to or passing the Don.
He was past the Don, its Matty Hayden with 380 that now holds down number 1 for Aussie batsmen.

Loved the Christmas cricket! Bloody awesome!!

Cheers,
Michael

I always thought Pup would declare at or before 334. If Ponting had still been Cap he would simply have batted till called in but as it was his own call he could not risk being seen as selfish.

I think he did the right thing.

Looks like its going to be a good game again in WA.

So, my hubby and I were discussing.... is the Aussie team really good, or is the Indian team really bad?

the aussie team seem to have been a bit dodgy over the past year or so, so its strange that we are suddenly doing so well. But maybe we have finally got a good team together... its certainly good to see the team doing so well.

It's disappointing that my signboard for today (done before the start of the day's play) was a bit close to the mark.

"If Ponting went to Beijing would he go out for a duck?"

Looks like its going to be a good game again in WA.

So, my hubby and I were discussing.... is the Aussie team really good, or is the Indian team really bad?

the aussie team seem to have been a bit dodgy over the past year or so, so its strange that we are suddenly doing so well. But maybe we have finally got a good team together... its certainly good to see the team doing so well.

I've been wondering the same thing - NZ didn't look too good either. I dont think we've been playing particularly well, but our competition has been pretty poor. I wonder if Twenty20 and the increase in the amount of cricket played around hte world is starting to have an impact on Test cricket.

When we have played well it has generally been because one or two players have done well - we are yet to have the full team performing well.

I reckon our quicks could be a decent attack (the Indians aren't a real test) but the batting is fragile.

Our bowlers made more runs that the middle order bats. THAT'S TERRIBLE!

I reckon our quicks could be a decent attack (the Indians aren't a real test) but the batting is fragile.

Our bowlers made more runs that the middle order bats. THAT'S TERRIBLE!

warner was still in when I posted........ the middle order certainly didnt perform well, did they?

So Penny, it's just as well you don't play cricket.

What would you do if you missed a catch?

The Penny dropped.

oh, the worst part is that I was very uncoordinated.. so the Penny did probably drop quite a few.
But there were always the Penny's from heaven that made up for it! ;)

Back