ANZ reduced interest rate by 25 basis point

Hi,

If you consider that ANZ raised their rates by 6 basis points in Feb and April, giving the full cut still puts them ahead.

Regards,

out of control and too late to do anything about it. ideally you would nationalise the lot of them and start again. From here on the best thing would be formation of govt backed building socities and banks - an incubation of competition

I agree - something down this track needs to happen.

Bank of the Year

ANZ had to make it look good after being named Bank of The Year and Home Lender of The Year by Money mag recently..............whatever that means :rolleyes:

Expect a less generous announcement from the Bank of the Year next time me thinks.

All of the big four now have TD rates into the (highish) four's for most terms. Double dipping is being carried out by not passing on all of the rate cuts in most instances and taking all of the TD on offer to customers at the other end. Good for their shareholders' dividends, I guess.

out of control and too late to do anything about it. ideally you would nationalise the lot of them and start again. From here on the best thing would be formation of govt backed building socities and banks - an incubation of competition

to some extent, the issue of fed securitised funds is such a beast.............they arent playing any better.

A fed subsidy isnt useful either.

Commercial reality wins out in the end. If the cost of funding thing was truly all BS, why isnt there some market leader that is 50 + pts under everyone else.............like are they all colluding ? inc the mutuals ? that would a long bow to draw I reckon.

ta
rolf

ta
rolf

Back