Apartment Bathroom Reno - Bath or Shower

Hi guys, I'm doing a bathroom reno on a 2 bed apartment in the inner city of Newcastle and am trying to decide if I should replace the bath and have the shower above or just have a shower.
The pro's being that young families would require a bath but people with out kids would prefer just a shower. It's a small bathroom so removing the bath would open it up a bit.
What do you guys think is the smarter way to go?

Check target audience.
I don't know the area well, but if target audience is family, then its a no brainer.
If its Students/Business type people, then Shower definitely.
Less to go wrong down the track.
I heard once about some regulations, so prob worth a check.

No way I'd ever take a bath out.. Even in a high end or trendy hipster area I don't see a shower being more appealling than a bath.. the ladies always like the bath for their wine, candle, reading time.. ;)

If it's only to give the appearance of more space, what are you going to put there? Hopefully not vacant space? Where is your laundry? Or do you need space for storage?

I don't understand why there is such a high perceived value in a bath tub. When we reno'd our PPOR we took out the bath and made the shower bigger (and open at one end) and we love it. We also have no trouble with our 3 year old son in there, in fact we find it easier than we did when we had the bath tub. So he can't play rubber ducky with bubbles.. big deal. He can play with his motorbikes on the shower tiles and glass instead ;-)

Waste of space IMHO.

Back