API gone down the drain

I've just picked up the latest issue of Australian Property Investor and boy does it suck. It promised me a lot on the cover, and they sure suckered me!

The cover promised 200 suburbs to invest in, but when I got the issue I noticed that it was just some lame list I could have got from anywhere.

Am I alone in thinking that the magazine has become a bit crappy and full of spruikers lately? Not that I rely too much on what a magazine says, but it has certainly been reduced to a pile of rubbish.

Propertunity can relate to this but those tables at the end of the magazine are the most ridiculous I have ever seen, why you would even bother putting them up there and losing credibility is beyond me

last Month: Ballarat: Bottom of the market
This month: ballarat: Peak of the market
so in the space of 4 weeks, we have gone from one extreme to the other

Stopped reading it years ago.

There is only a certain amount of subjects you can do with property, and they've covered every subject about 5 times over.

I reckon it's time we publish a Somersoft magazine. It would start out altruistic, then devolve into politics, and end as trashy tabloid with "Dazz was caught having an affair with Kristen Stewart! More on page 6."

with who ??

The lady below..

images

There is only a certain amount of subjects you can do with property, and they've covered every subject about 5 times over.

Agree it's not worth buying or subscribing to these days but Somersoft is similar to API in some ways with the same stuff covered over and over again.

At least the contents here doesn't come from journo's and it's more dynamic but the lack of interesting and diversified comments here might explain why a lot of threads have over 500 views and a big ratio of views to replys.

The busiest forums on this board are "where to buy" which is read by a lot of newer guys and the "coffee lounge" which is mostly read by guys who have been here awhile. Oops, I went off topic.

....hmmm....

following and keeping up with trashy American teenagers is not my priority.

....a big no thank you.

Agreed.

I reckon it's time we publish a Somersoft magazine. It would start out altruistic, then devolve into politics, and end as trashy tabloid with "Dazz was caught having an affair with Kristen Stewart! More on page 6."

I reckon they pull half of their topics of this very forum.

I subscribe bc its good entertainment value - a Womans Weekly for prop investors. Can't remember the last time I actually learned anythign from it.

I always find some extra inspiration reading others stories (in the same way as I enjoy reading the interviews on this forum).

Also - seeing some of the young'uns kicking goals so quickly is inspiring.

Back