Are you a MASONIC investor?

Hi,
I am not affiliated with the masonic society nor do I know if anything of what I am saying is even true however what I do know is that I do have a lot of relatives and friends that are masons. They believe that they are part of a "boys club" where they are given priority over any non masons. Apparently one of them has no trouble getting developments past council due to his stature in the masonic group(if thats what its called). As we were discussing this yesterday it came to me that surely there are many mason real estate agents and surely if it came between giving a good deal to a normal member of society and a mason that they would favour the mason.
I am not sure what people are willing to share but is this all made up conspiracy theories or are there masons among us who have been successful in investing who can honestly say that being a mason has/has not helped them?
Look forward to your views on this never before discussed topic on this forum...

I also have some friends in the Masonic Lodge, but not joined myself. From what I understand, it is just a networking and social group at the bottom rung. So yes, you would help other members out if you could. Just like in this forum really.
But apparently the more a mason gets involved, there are all sorts of secrets and traditions dating back to the dark ages. There was a documentry on Foxtel a couple of months ago, very interesting.

My father in law is a Mason and the sad truth is that the Masonic Lodge is in danger of dying out. Very hard to attract new members. It's main aim was, and still is, to be of service to the community, a lot like Apex or Rotary. But because it has 'secret' ceremonies and traditions, the perceived opinion that it is something far more covert and powerful. It's the old adage, fear what you don't understand. I'm sure that in it's history it did have significant sway within it's members ranks.

WinstonWolfe,

I understand the importance of keeping what you know secret however all I really want to know is whether being a Mason member has made you a more successful investor. Have things happened in such a way that if you were not a mason you may have not scored a particular deal etc etc?

WinstonWolfe,

I understand the importance of keeping what you know secret however all I really want to know is whether being a Mason member has made you a more successful investor. Have things happened in such a way that if you were not a mason you may have not scored a particular deal etc etc?

If he told you, He'd have to kill you. LOL

My mother was an estate agent for a number of years and I have never heard anything about masons doing secret deals or even being a mason having any influence at all on any dealings.

My grandfather was a mason and the secrecy thing just reminds me of primary school clubs and secret handshakes (which I believe the masons have so they know another mason without discussing it).

The silly thing is that if they are indeed trying to be a group to be of service to the community, surely an bit more openness would help them, instead of many people wondering what they get up to in their meetings, with the secret handshakes, and whatever else. These are grown men, aren't they :rolleyes:.

I do believe they have nice aprons though :p.

There is this train of thought that the Masons have this secret society called the Priory of Sion and that Jesus was just a dude and that the church is protecting all this secret info and stuff and there are white monks running around protecting it and that there is this chalice that is the holy grail, but really its just a person and there is all this symbology and protection....

Come to think of it, it would make a great book/movie...

:D:D:D

Give me a break...

Their website is at: http://www.freemasonry.org.au/ which is a gateway to various state websites.

http://www.freemasonsvic.net.au/SecretsnbspnbspUnlocked/MythsAboutFreemasonry/tabid/227/Default.aspx refers to
unfortunate reticence of previous generations of Freemasons to discuss Freemasonry

They also like a good yarn, but don't seem to require belief.

Freemasonry offers its members a rich tradition of symbolism and narrative as entertaining and enjoyable as any fantasy novel or movie, more often than not offering a significant moral lesson lacking in more traditional forms of fiction. Its fun, it’s romantic and it is no less a valid part of Freemasonry than the considerable amount of charity work carried out by Freemasons or the social interaction Freemasonry offers its members, their friends and family.

The various state lodge websites reveal significant differences. WA's is offline. Tasmania's is very 'traditional' eg "Grand Lodge of Antient, Free & Accepted Masons of Tasmania". South Australia's to a lesser extent, but they're also into mens health. Queensland's has an almost apologetic tone about becoming relevant to today's society. NSW's is a mixture, taking on mens health as a contemporary issue. Ditto for Victoria's, but also claiming moral principles.

I suspect the mens health thing reflects both past history (involvement in hospitals) and that most of their ageing members have or may soon have dementia, arthritis, prostate cancer, lung cancer, depression etc.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
My father used to be a member of the Masonic Lodge. He used to go off to their weekly meetings and enjoyed the socializing, but as far as I am aware he was never the beneficiary of any special deals etc - but, then, he wasn't a property developer either. :confused:

And, yes, wylie - they do have nice aprons! :D

Cheers
LynnH

i used to work with a Mason. on days when they had a Lodge meeting he would come to work in his dinner suit (bowtie et al) because it took too long to change after work and make it there on time. They'd have a big spread at the meeting with no alcohol (for the SDAs, Ba'hai's etc) and "get down to business" afterwards.

he was a quiet, studious type. drove a camry. worked the same job for 40 years without promotion. no investments. not a risk taker.

i quizzed him once on the Masonic Lodge and he basically said that to be a member, one only had to believe in a God - any God, because you had to swear an allegiance to your God in your induction ceremony. they had no covert plans to infiltrate and destory the Illuminati, no desire for world domination - just a want to follow in Christ's work of charity and giving.

he took it very seriously. did a lot of charity work after hours and on weekends. fundraisers, labouring - whatever was required.

but it is a bit of a boys club - sorta like the Weld Club here in Perth but with religious undertones. the wives of Masons are a bit - well, Stepford - "let me get your slippers and brandy while i cook you a roast tonight, dear" types.

that's all i know about them. was a great insight into the Masonic life, but to me, it just sounds a little, well....normal.

the wives of Masons are a bit - well, Stepford - "let me get your slippers and brandy while i cook you a roast tonight, dear" types.

Tomorrow I'm going to apply, they sure dont make'm like they used to....
And if they want to rule the world (or they already do in some minds lol), sure I'll be in that too.

:cool:

Interesting! I have never heared of them, however had a quick look at their website and no thanks not interested especially since I would have to have a sex change if I wanted to join.

I understand that spirituality can bring you more wealth so their opening paragraph of men being concerned with moral and spiritual values appealed to me.

However the rest of it was about religious beliefs symbolic ideas and icons and a focus being anti, and dependant.

Excluding a gender says something about the minds of people attrated to those sorts of things.

Symbolic religious beliefs and blind acceptance have nothing to do with spirituality.

Fully conscious spiritual beings CAN create great wealth, however I doubt that the average masonic person would fall into that catagory. sounds like they are attracting the normal lack-focused anti wealth religous person, who likes to wear aprons!

Not sure if I'm missing something but I just can't make a connection with this group, and wealth mindset!

Back