Arrogance on this forum

Is it me, or does this forum get more and more arrogant with each passing month?

It makes me sick reading some of the posts by people here, who clearly have their heads too far up their ****. You may think your crap doesnt stink, but it smells just the same as that person on welfare, disability pension, or working a low-skilled job.

There is so much more to life than $$$. Sadly, a large portion of people on this site dont see that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me, or does this forum get more and more arrogant with each passing month?

It makes me sick reading some of the posts by people here, who clearly have their heads too far up their ****. You may think your crap doesnt stink, but it smells just the same as that person on welfare, disability pension, or working a low-skilled job.

There is so much more to life than $$$. Sadly, a large portion of people on this site dont see that.

uh huh....

considering this is a property investing forum and not a "livelaughlove" forum, i would have to say your post is probably out of place.

if you want touchy feely mush, then maybe try the "i'm a tenant and i pay no rent" forum....sing along to the tune of "I'm a little coconut, sitting under this here tree"

IFBB,

You mustn't interrupt well-off people when they're whinging. Firstly, you'll upset the maggots in their skulls. Secondly, you'll be accused of whinging.

This forum is getting rather meta. Threads are started just to analyse other threads. We have so many of these threads. I should start a thread about it.

I kind of agree with your post, IFBB, but considering the forum we're on, I can't feign surprise. Also, according to some dissenters, I have no humanity, so who am I to judge?

If the forum has become more of a source of frustration than anything else, leave for your own sanity.

Or kick back and embrace the dystopia.

Ok...

I mean I can kinda sorta understand where you are coming from. But this is a property investment forum first and foremost. So that will be the focus of the discussion.

Most on here are trying to rise above the unwashed masses and become the 1% of society that will be able to look after themselves in the future.

If people who come here and take the view that we are selfish money grubs then they are possibly missing the point being here. I hope that many of us would then be in a position to hopefully pay back to society for the enviou position we will probably find ourselves at some point in the future.

I am happy to help where people are trying to help themselves and there is a bit of quid pro quo. That's why I have come back here.

If people want to come hear and slag off because we don't all hold hands and sing songs round the camp fire saying its OK to be poor, then I think this is not the right place for those people.

We all want to rise above the masses, not get pulled down and wallow.

I reckon that those who think owning a handful of residential properties makes them part of the 1% are hilariously deluded.

Most HNWI really don't care about property, and resi property in particular. The returns aren't that good.

The only people that are really into it are average joes like you and me, working and trying to get ahead.

And we will never be part of the 1% with this kind of approach to investing.

Its not the people who are successful that i am "whinging" about, good luck to them. Thats why we are all here though, is it not? To better ourselves, and reach financial freedom?

Its posts that belittle members of society, the jobs they do, and how much they earn. The posts that have cracks at people on welfare or pensions, not knowing their situation one iota.

I dontate monthly to 4 charities, plus buy blankets and clothes for homeless shelters every winter. At 24, i could go spend that money on booze, or towards another IP, but instead spend it on those not as fortunate as myself. Also, i would never be able to look at myself in the mirror if i were to mock someone for the job they did, or what they earned.

Reason 1 why society is turning to crap - greed and selfishness.

98% of forum users, i have no qualms with, but there are a certain few that come across as some of the biggest primadonnas i have ever met (had the pleasure of reading posts by).

This is a property investing forum, and i love coming on here to read, but when you read posts like "well, i earn $50K pa, and because im such a bum earning so little in my low-skilled job" - i honestly wouldnt **** on you if you had caught on fire.

Kudos mate.

Its not the people who are successful that i am "whinging" about, good luck to them. Thats why we are all here though, is it not? To better ourselves, and reach financial freedom?

Its posts that belittle members of society, the jobs they do, and how much they earn. The posts that have cracks at people on welfare or pensions, not knowing their situation one iota.

I dontate monthly to 4 charities, plus buy blankets and clothes for homeless shelters every winter. At 24, i could go spend that money on booze, or towards another IP, but instead spend it on those not as fortunate as myself. Also, i would never be able to look at myself in the mirror if i were to mock someone for the job they did, or what they earned.

98% of forum users, i have no qualms with, but there are a certain few that come across as some of the biggest primadonnas i have ever met (had the pleasure of reading posts by).

This is a property investing forum, and i love coming on here to read, but when you read posts like "well, i earn $50K pa, and because im such a bum earning so little in my low-skilled job" - i honestly wouldnt **** on you if you had caught on fire.

Spot on. Some people really do think that because they've employed rat cunning to do passably well in the rat race they can speak of others as if they were vermin. Ironic, uh?

I see where you are coming from now.

There are plenty of us out there who try and give back something to the community. I donate time to mentor kids who are at least second generation welfare kids - try and get them into TAFE or an apprenticeship - or one kid last year has gone to uni to study architecture. I also help out a friend who donates his time to a number of charity clinics in the slums of the Phillipines and South Africa - a trained dentist who works in Australia 8 months a year and donates the other 4 months. He's in his early 30s.

We are out there and do try and do things to help out others. I for one came from a poor background so worked my way out. I would have loved some advice and guidance at the time so that is where I direct my efforts. But I could do more.

I judge people on how they are. Wealthy people can be nice. They can be passive aggressive, they can be abusive, they can be selfish or they can be generous. Poor people are just the same. It comes down to the individual.

That said there has been a definite trend for a lot of smug, aggressive and unpleasant posts lately. But I figure they are probably just unhappy with how things are elsewhere in their life because cash has been their only focus.

This is an investment forum, so the people here are more likely than not those who are interested in making money. I would hesitate to jump to the conclusion that they are being 'arrogant'. There's a big difference from trying to help improve yourself and others, which this forum has done, and being a pompous ***** to others.

There are plenty of "nice" people on here, happy to help people with problems, advice and just as a way of connecting.

There are some arrogant members, but I'd think they are in the minority.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

There are plenty of "nice" people on here, happy to help people with problems, advice and just as a way of connecting.

There are some arrogant members, but I'd think they are in the minority.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Agree.

There are people that will annoy us in IRL too, not just on forums.

Do we accept it, or do we dummy spit instead while in the process putting people down and elevating ourselves :eek:.

Smacks a little of arrogance in itself.

Remember, just because you don't agree with someone, doesn't necessarily make you better or right. One is likely to be very subjective when upset or emotional ;).

Also the people I think are arrogant on these forums are probably not the same people you think are arrogant, or what someone else thinks.

Getting OT now... what's wrong with 'booze'. Even my mothers doctor told her it was a good thing the other week when she turned up for an appoint after a couple of lunchtime wines :eek:.

This forum is about trying to find some advice on making money, rapidly and in high volumes. It allows us to share our trials and tribulations in our quest for mega dollars. There is nothing wrong with this and I think it is arrogant to label a desire for money as something bad. Money makes the world go round and if we all had more money, the world would be a better place. Most conflicts are due to a division between haves and have nots.

Back