ASX 3 days down in a row...correction time now?

Aren't we already following the US turk?Btw hi mate :)

Anyhow look at the unemployment fiigures,it's in line with the US.

Media has rasberried in oz that 120,000 jobs have been created in the last month,to which 104,000 were part time and alot more unemployed looking for work.

What does this do with the ASX?

If in doubt,i may well ask?

Thankyou mate :)

Thrre days in the red. Not significant... But could this be the sign of the corrrection that is overdue, thoughts?

3 Days are not that important,and sometimes it's very easy to construct a theory in ones mind but most investors just observe the events after not before plus it's been in the 8 year range from 2008 ,and maybe we hit the ceiling a few weeks ago,i still think it's going to be a "Black-October" and I'm cashed up for which ever way it goes..imho..

If we are happy to buy a particular stock XYZ at $5.00 then what are the risks in put option at say $4.5?
(I never done this before... slowly learning)

My prediction is ASX200 to be sub-5000 by Christmas. Not much basis for it, just a gut-inspired guess. I miss the heady days of 90's and 00's when the credit boom and easy money rewarded pretty much anyone who bought and held on to anything resembling a quality stock.

My prediction is ASX200 to be sub-5000 by Christmas. Not much basis for it, just a gut-inspired guess. I miss the heady days of 90's and 00's when the credit boom and easy money rewarded pretty much anyone who bought and held on to anything resembling a quality stock.

Relying on your anatomy to make choices seldom works out well, look at teenage pregnancy stats ;)

I've got no idea where the markets are heading, so invest accordingly

Love people who try to replicate property strategy in shares by gearing. Now that they're being margin called, time to pick up some loot over corpses.

u better off playing CFDs than options

quicker and riskier put the right punt can give the right returns.

This is a controversial topic.

CFDs versus options. CFDS easier to understand and trade but unlimited losses.

Options harder to understand due to many variables and strategies but limited losses.

Relying on your anatomy to make choices seldom works out well, look at teenage pregnancy stats ;)

I've got no idea where the markets are heading, so invest accordingly

It worked with the Mrs. :p

I delegate most of my investment decisions to folks who know more than I do nowadays. Might cost a little bit extra, but I figure I'm paying fees to feel less stressed than doing it myself and therefore hurts my guts less.

This is a controversial topic.

CFDs versus options. CFDS easier to understand and trade but unlimited losses.

Options harder to understand due to many variables and strategies but limited losses.

No, you can face unlimited loss with options too

naked call you face unlimited loss

naked put you could lose the whole value of the contracts, though limited to its value and no more.

if you buying options then your loss will be limited to premium you paid but you face time decay.

options is more complicated, I wouldn't do options if you not experience with the market and the stock you want to options over

having said that it is a very powerful tool to enhance your return as well
as managing risk.

Which trading platforms allow put options?

most retail platforms now support options but liquidity isn't that high and fees is fairly high as well but if you deal large contract value then it is bearable.

maybe 50K+ contract

Back