ASX 3 days down in a row...correction time now?

For all you technical analyzing people if you look at DAX monthly chart over 10 years + with MACD indicator you will clearly see which way we are going :D

For all you technical analyzing people if you look at DAX monthly chart over 10 years + with MACD indicator you will clearly see which way we are going :D

I thought it was if the US sneezes then the rest of the world catches a cold (though China is soon to hit #1), you think it's Germany we should be watching?

Looks like it's going that way,it's down over 1.7% this morning,,some seem confident it will go well below the "5000" mark Banks-Miners are all still on the downwards trend with low volumes if the sell volumes pick up then you may see a problem..imho..

I thought it was if the US sneezes then the rest of the world catches a cold (though China is soon to hit #1), you think it's Germany we should be watching?

DAX is the only long term chart which is currently showing a clear picture of what is happening. DJIA and XJO seem to be following but the charts are not yet clear.

DAX is the only long term chart which is currently showing a clear picture of what is happening. DJIA and XJO seem to be following but the charts are not yet clear.

DJIA apparently dropped 2% based on Germany's numbers so you may be onto something...dunno what though :D

The October effect :rolleyes:

Just looking at 2014 YTD for several markets i.e.

STW the SPRD ASX200 index tracker is only down 0.04%

Oscars VHY is down about 3.47%
A US index tracker is up 5%
A world (ex US) tracker is down 3.90%

You could add quarterly dividends into the above as well, nothing hugely exciting yet

Just looking at 2014 YTD for several markets i.e.

STW the SPRD ASX200 index tracker is only down 0.04%

Oscars VHY is down about 3.47%
A US index tracker is up 5%
A world (ex US) tracker is down 3.90%

You could add quarterly dividends into the above as well, nothing hugely exciting yet

Why are the trackers down so little when the All Ords are down almost 10%?

Here is the last 10 year history.
imageChart.axd

Recent drop isn't a big deal so far.

I had a fleeting urge to sell our BHP at $39 in August just before we went overseas, but didn't get around to it. Grr

Should we pull our Super across into cash? I respect your opinions rather than any financial planners.

Should we pull our Super across into cash? I respect your opinions rather than any financial planners.
I would say no, now is a time to be slowly buying stocks, not selling.
The opposite for real estate at the moment, in my honest opinion..

I would say no, now is a time to be slowly buying stocks, not selling.

This is always difficult to do during times of turmoil. A third of my net worth is in property. A third of my networth was put on the stock market recently and this holding has declined in value by 10%.

Mentally and emotionally, it is really hard to drip the remaining third into the stock market although it seems the right thing to do.

Back