"Australian Exceptionalism"

Can you give me one example of the Labor party or any of their media supporters carrying on like a bunch of loonies? Cause i can give you plenty of the other side.

At least the Labor party keep a dignified, stick to the facts composure at all times.

LOL, anyone that believes that currently any party is dignified, sticks to the facts and retains composure at all times is either a rusted on supporter
or :mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least the Labor party keep a dignified, stick to the facts composure at all times. As head politicians as leaders of our country should. Unlike the hysterical, fear mongering Liberals and their shock jock supporters.

Tony Abbott et al is finding out now how hard it is to have stuff-all policies and not being able to whinge and say NO NO NO any more because the polls show the electorate is over it and awake up to it. Its all down hill from here Tony.

So, no, I wouldnt say the are the same at all. Not even close.

Replying directly to your points tho. The only reason Howard got Australia out of debt was from:

1: On top of Keating/Hawke reforms.

2: Not spending much needed infrastructure funds and squirrelling away money like a good little Menzies acolyte.

3: Being in power at a time of huge world growth & prosperity, which was ultimately found out to be built on debt, which imploded as the GFC and which he passed on to the Labor party. Great timing.

Nothing to do with being a good PM or a decent party.

I'm not sure how you think this kind of behaviour is any different to when Labor was in opposition, especially comments from the likes of Simon Crean.

Clearly you're a big Labor supporter, and that's fine, but it probably wouldn't hurt to remember that many people, including me, just don't care as much about politics.

Can you give me one example of the Labor party or any of their media supporters carrying on like a bunch of loonies? Cause i can give you plenty of the other side.

Evan

Should I also me to check on the party being dignified at all times and only sticking to the facts???????

Nothing like these guys. And you cam always not read/post on the thread if you're not into politics.

I'm not sure how you think this kind of behaviour is any different to when Labor was in opposition, especially comments from the likes of Simon Crean.

Clearly you're a big Labor supporter, and that's fine, but it probably wouldn't hurt to remember that many people, including me, just don't care as much about politics.

Evan,

Much as I agree with everything - and I do mean everything - you've written against today's Liberals, I can't agree with your defence of today's Labor Party. They are no doubt inspired by a more tolerant, equitable and responsible sentiment, but they are seriously underperforming - if not, downright corrupt - scumbags overall.

This is the weakness we the people discern.

Underperforming? Corrupt? Scumbags? Typically extreme adjectives. Please explain?

Evan,

Much as I agree with everything - and I do mean everything - you've written against today's Liberals, I can't agree with your defence of today's Labor Party. They are no doubt inspired by a more tolerant, equitable and responsible sentiment, but they are seriously underperforming - if not, downright corrupt - scumbags overall.

Evan,

I think that is a bit strong.

I'm not overly impressed with them in some instances, but in a lot of ways they are performing far better than other leaders.

I am seriously unimpressed by Abbott. What a disgrace of a man.

Its looks like you're saying 'rat cunning' is a good thing?

In my book, the only reason to deploy 'rat cunning' is when you cant achieve something honestly.

Howard was the most duplicitous, calculating leader this country ever had.

For all my many disagreements with Howard over many things, at least he had some level of sheer rat cunning.

I ain't seeing any of that.

Its looks like you're saying 'rat cunning' is a good thing?

In my book, the only reason to deploy 'rat cunning' is when you cant achieve something honestly.

Howard was the most duplicitous, calculating leader this country ever had.

Oh, completly.

But Abbott doesn't even have the level of intellect to stoop to rat cunning.

The term that comes to mind is 'guileless'. He is a man as - as the previous article says - that operates on base principals of fear, greed, anger etc....much like Howard.

I think now i get your point about cunning. Wheresas Howard used rat cunning to compensate for charisma, political skill, people skills, communication......Abbot is lacking the same skills but cant even do that. Fair point.

As an aside, Gillard and Labor totally outwitted (again) the Libs in the Slipper affair. The term that comes to mind again for that particular instance is ummmm 'guileless'

I remember clearly some months ago when the Liberals (and this forum) were hysterically frothing at the mouth over the Craig Thomson affair and someone in parliament brought up an issue with Slipper. Gillard said 'we'll keep our powder dry on that one'

Didnt she what!!

Its not hard to blind side people like Abbot et al.

Oh, completly.

But Abbott doesn't even have the level of intellect to stoop to rat cunning.

As an aside, Gillard and Labor totally outwitted (again) the Libs in the Slipper affair. The term that comes to mind again for that particular instance is ummmm 'guileless'

Completely outwitted the Libs, rat cunning at its best.

I remember clearly some months ago when the Liberals (and this forum) were hysterically frothing at the mouth over the Craig Thomson affair and someone in parliament brought up an issue with Slipper. Gillard said 'we'll keep our powder dry on that one'.

Craig Thompson, an icon of Labors dignity, composure and honesty.

We all know the Libs are not using their A-team at this point.

Theres no point playing the game in the changerooms.

Labor are, however, using their A-team.

I could name members of both parties that fulfil that description. And business leaders, property investors........on and on.....I was talking about Gillard and the front bench.

Craig Thompson, an icon of Labors dignity, composure and honesty.

Back