Baby Bella

Well just wanted to share the news. My wife and I are now proud parents of our gorgeous baby girl. Bubs was born in Newcastle Private Hospital on Tuesday 16th Dec at 8.41am. 9.5hrs labour and all I can say is "OMG" im glad im not the female in our relationship. To my wife, your truely amazing, that did not look easy.

We have named our daughter Bella. She weighed in at 6.15pounds. I got to bring mum and Bella home on Saturday. What a shock it is to be a parent. It is such a hard, tiring job and takes a heap of work and effort. I know its very early days but all going ok so far. Super exhausted as it takes a bit of getting use to but we are trying. I just hope we make good parents. Doesnt always feel like we are doing to well at it but she soon settles down and drops off for another nap.

My mum and Dad are nearby which is a massive help. I take my hat off to all the mums and dads out there. I had no idea it was so difficult to be a good parent. Fingures crossed we do ok. She is well dressed, and has all the love in the world here, a roof over her head and all the bits and peices needed, now mum and dad just need to work it all out. My god she is unbelievably gorgeous. Yes im biased but im allowed to be lol :D

Im sure the day will come where we manage more than a couple of hrs sleep in a 24hr period, lol. Until then we will soldier on like all the other mums and dads out there.

CHeers Jas!

What fantastic news.

Now you truly understand why there is nothing more beautiful than a sleeping baby - especially your own.

You are already wonderful parents. Bella is truly blessed to have two adoring parents devoted to her care and happiness. She has all that she needs. Just relax, get some rest, and cherish every moment.

Post photo as proof of gorgeousness please :)

PS Pace yourselves. Parenting goes for decades not for a week!

Last edited:
Babies are cute. Just remember, they are a lifetime commitment and not just for Christmas. Or is that kittens I'm thinking of?

As to sleep, mine turns 1 in a few days and is STILL a terrible sleeper :( I think I missed most of 2008 in a sleep deprived haze, which probably explains how we managed to accidentally buy a house.

Well done and congratulations.

A very handy hint is when baby sleeps have a nap either your wife or yourself. For the first month or two try to have different sleeping times to your wife. It is amazing what a few hours sleep here and there can do. Depending on when you get home from work have a 30 minute break and then take over from your wife for 2-3 hours so she can have a sleep.

Although breast feeding is the preferred method have some formula/or expressed milk on hand so you can do the feeding if your wife is sleeping. This will also help with the bonding process between you and the baby and give her an extra break. Also helps in a crisis if you both have to go somewhere and someone else needs to feed the baby.

All babies are different and some will cry more than others for what appears to be no reason at all. Try to set time zones for when who does what for the baby. We were fortunate enough to both be home full time for the first 2 months then the other half went to work pt 3 days a week 7am-lunch time for the 3rd month and full time from the 4th. Also helps that work is only 5 minutes away so able to come back for lunch everyday.

Oh Jayro, congratulations, that's wonderful news. And Bella is a beautiful name, for - I'm sure - a gorgeous baby. But like GoAnna, I'd love to see some photographic proof. :D

Jayro, sounds like you have what she needs in spades - love, and a willingness to do your best for her. Everything else will follow on from these two. I wholeheartedly second Y33's suggestion that you develop the art of taking a quick nap whenever you can; my only disagreement with Y33 is that I reckon all three of you should nap, not just two ;)

It is amazing how much you can benefit from a "combat nap" (as we used to call them in the military). About 10 mins is ideal, as you don't get into heavy sleep, which can make you feel sluggish when you wake again. Lots of people think it's not worth having a short nap, but studies have consistently shown that ten minutes does you a lot of good, in terms of wellbeing and mental alertness. :)

Can't wait to see some photos - preferably of all three of you, if you're not too shy :D

Congrats, we have Bella as well. What a great Christmas wish!

Dont worry, enjoy the ride, everything is about to change!

Peter 14.7

Congratulations Jayro!

What an experience. There is nothing like this special time so enjoy every bit. One thing I remind myself of is that no matter what the problem with babies, it will usually fix itself soon as they just change and grow so fast, so don't stress. I remember when we brought home number 2 I was scouring the bookshelves for an instruction manual to find out how to 'turn it off' as our first just didn't cry and I had no idea what to do.

Bella is a beautiful name. We are expecting number 3 and hubby has picked Isabelle for a girl. I will find out in one hour as I have a scan this morning.

All the best.:)

Thank you everyone for the replies. We are learning how important the quick naps are. Bella is sleeping great the last 2 nights. We get about 5hrs sleep in each night so we dont mind that. Much better than the 1st night at home when we managed none and we were thinking "my god, how bad are we".

ok now ill try get these pics up. Hope you think she is as gorgeous as we think.

Ah yes, the best xmas pressy Iv every recieved.

Attachments

• in dads arms.JPG
    in dads arms.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 90
  • in mums arms.JPG
    in mums arms.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 92
  • sleeping.JPG
    sleeping.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 81
I think all three of you make a gorgeous family! ;)

You're right, Jas, Bella is totally gorgeous. Her hair is just beautiful! Thanks for the photos, and best wishes for your first Christmas together.

Oh cluck cluck.....and a beautiful name too! Love the hair. Yes, definately take a nap whenever Bella does; the housework can wait!

Enjoy your first Christmas - if you watch Carols by Candlelight you will go all weepy when the song 'When a Child is born' is sung. Hopefully by Marina Prior.

Isabella - I adore that name!

Congratulations on the new little addition to your family. What a wonderful Christmas present.

Best tip we got was that only one person was up with bub at any one time at night. Even if not asleep the other parent MUST be horizontal. Grab every bit of rest you can, and accept all offers of help.
Marg

Congratulations Mum and Dad Jayro...and so absolutely beautiful. Welcome to the world Bella.

(We have 2 x Bella's, and 1 x Isabella in immediate and extended family)..):

"Write it up in the stars,

The beauty and joy she brings to our hearts,

The wonder of her new and precious life,

Unconditional Love,

Isabella the Beautiful
"

Congrats Jayro! A whole new world has just open up for you! Cherish every moment, it really does fly by so quickly, in just a few short months you will wonder where your "tiny" baby has gone.

All the best
Nadia

Back