Bank of Queensland

Noone ever mentions BOQ for finance, is there a reason for that? Just looking they seem comparable with other loans available

I did consider using them a few years ago but found they weren't flexible offering discounts. Their service seemed a lot better though (and when I got a lower interest rate, but bad service with someone else I was left wondering if I'd done the right thing). Do they deal with finance brokers?

Personally I find them great to deal with. A fraction more expensive. Great service.

I've had better success dealing with them directly for development funding when compared to going through a broker. The bankers have worked with me to structure the deals so it looks favourably to the credit team as well.

They used to deal with brokers but pulled out of that channel many years ago around 2005 or there abouts. The reason I never mention them is not because of bias but because I don't know their policies or products.

I used to know one of the franchisees who was a really good operator. I suspect it's like brokers some good, some bad.

Many moons ago I had direct accred with BOQ, and they still pay their little bit of trail.

At that time, BOQ hopped out of the broker / branch model and went the owner/operator franchise model.

As is always the case, some have done very well, some have sued BOQ over "false promises".

They have an OK credit policy and I believe do their LMI via QBE

Product wise, not much has changed and they are similar to Suncorp in product mix, which should not be surprising.

Serviceability is in the bottom half of lenders.

t
arolf

Thanks for the comments everyone. Sorry have not replied before now, with the recent hacking episode have not been here for a few days

Back