Bankruptcy at 23

My daughter has an OS debt of >$1,000 with a mobile phone company, years old by now. Some time ago a solicitor wrote them an explainery note (I'm willing to pay a lawyer, not a greasy phone co) and we thought we'd heard the last of it till a recent claim arrived from some mercantile group who now "owns" the debt.

How much would they pay for such poor debts, and would an offer of 10c in the $ repay their outlay? Note: Said daughter lives at home and doesn't need a credit rating. In fact it has been my aim to destroy hers so nobody could ever sign her up on a contract again. But no, she has another phone. :mad:

Thommo

Why on earth would you want to destroy your own daughter's credit rating? :eek: Without a credit rating you can't do anything or buy anything. If she made those calls then she should pay for them don't you think?

Nat :)

natmarie73 said:
Why on earth would you want to destroy your own daughter's credit rating? :eek: Without a credit rating you can't do anything or buy anything. If she made those calls then she should pay for them don't you think?

I've deleted that post Nat becuse you mis-read my motives so badly. I love my daughter and only have her welfare at heart.

T

Thommo,

I'm sorry if I totally misread your post! I didn't mean to imply that you did not love your daughter or didn't have her welfare at heart. It definately would need to be reworded though if what you said is not what you meant.

Hi Thommo,

You have mentioned your daughters situation in other posts, so I understand your motive. Have you tried contacting Baycorp (the CRA) and asking them can you put a block on her file or something.

Perhaps there is some legal way you can protect her from the vultures out there.

Macca said:
Hi Thommo,

You have mentioned your daughters situation in other posts, so I understand your motive. Have you tried contacting Baycorp (the CRA) and asking them can you put a block on her file or something.

Perhaps there is some legal way you can protect her from the vultures out there.
Thanks Macca, and no I had never thought of this. I will do so, and if I ever do get guardianship it would be good to tell them of this too so that contracts are not written in the first place. Much better than cancelling them later. :)

Thommo

Back