Bathroom Renovation

Hi all,

If anyone is interested im currently doing a full bathroom renovation. Im adding an additional toilet and closing off a door so it's no longer a two way. Im half way their with it. Have not yet done exact figures but total renovation cost is approx between $2k and $2.5k. Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 196
Hi Nikolina

Unfortunately I suspect that you are going to have some problems with the toilet placement.

Firstly it looks like the pipe is off centre in the area you intend to utilise for the tiolet. But more to the point I really don't think 600mm is going to be enough space to comfortably place a toilet pan into.

Generally, a toilet pan is about the 350mm wide. Placed in a 600mm space will only give you about 75mm each side.

Looks like it may have worked if you had placed the edges of the bath into the wall and come up hard under the end of the bath. This would have given you at least a 100mm more around the toilet pan.

Maybe it's to late to change but worth considering before putting the final touches on the job.

Cheers

You can get a pipe with a bend to move it more to the centre but agree, it's a tight fit.
Who did the waterproofing? Looks pretty thin and not covering everywhere. Is that normal?

Our tiler covers the whole floor and up the wall with a fibrous sheet in the corners and all the shower area. Then he comes back and does it all again (ie 2 coats). I assumed that was how everyone would do it.

Their is no issue with the toilet fitting. The pipe being off centre is no concern. Initally i had planned to push the old bath against the wall at the other end and placing a new toilet in the cnr. Once the plumbing was done and i started to rip out the old bath i changed my mind to a full renovation.

With the help of my old man were doing the bathtoom ourselfs. The main thing is that you waterproof the cnr's and use an reinforcement cloth in thr cnr's which we did. Two coats were applied.

I love the tiles and your choice to have 2 different ones What are you puting on the floor?
Was it difficult plumbing in a new toilet seeing as there wasn't one there? Where is it plumbed to?
We wanted to move our toilet but were told it was too difficult with a concrete floor.

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Love the work you've done, question - have you waterproofed/tiled over Plasterboard or did you put new concrete sheet in and waterproof tile over that?

The dark tiles that you see on the wall are actually 600 x 600 which were purchased for the floor. I just cut them 300 x 300 to match the white ones in size so i could do the feature wall in the cnr for the shower. The plumbing for the toilet is connected to the sewer, that was the easiest way for me. Still had to jack hammer up a tiny bit of the bathroom though as the plumbing for the spa had to be shifted a bit and obviously for the toilet connection.

Simtr i didn't bother changing the wall after taking off old tiles, no need too just water proofed over it.

Here are updated pics of my bathroom. It's just about finished apart from a few finishing touches that still need doing. Window seal is also going to be updated to something more modern. Not sure yet if im going to rip it out and replace it with a new one and polish it or to sand back the current one and paint it either black or white. Total reno cost $3564.00.

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 140
more pics..

Attachments

• IMG_1542.jpg
    IMG_1542.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 117
It looks great and inspiring. Well done!
What was the most difficult/time consuming step?
Did you have to use jack hammer to remove the floor tiles? How did you control the dust?
MKP

It looks great and inspiring. Well done!
What was the most difficult/time consuming step?
Did you have to use jack hammer to remove the floor tiles? How did you control the dust?
MKP

Thanks. The whole bathroom was not easy. None of the walls are level which made the tiling time consuming. I didnt have to use a jack hammer the old tiles came up with chizzle and hammer. Only had to use jck hammer for the connection to spa and new toilet. Dust control, i just cleaned at the end of every day of renos and as i went along.

The toilet does look quite squishy. Does it work ok like that?

Love the bathroom. Great reno for the price - how long did it take?

The toilet works fine. The reno initally was only meant to be to add an additional toilet but once i started knocking tiles down it turned into a full bathroom reno. I have another seperate toilet. I would rather have it in their as the 2nd toilet then not to have it. No idea how long it took. I only worked on it every saturday and had a few weeks off here n their. About 8 days give or take.

Back