Baulkham Hills.. Kings Langley... Glenwood... Castle Hill

We have been looking to buy a property.... Not finalised on the area of the buy... Were looking at Northern suburbs but... The market seems to be on fire... I really don't get it because on one hand people are losing jobs & on the other the property prices are sky rocketing!

Anyway... Baulkham Hills; Kings Langley; Glenwood and Castle Hill are areas that has properties in our reach. I realise that these dont have a train line but you gotta take what you get... need some advice on these areas!

Good Streets... What areas to avoid... schools, pre schools, day cares... transport.

Please guide!

There are some serious bargains in BH right now. I really like the area. Decent block sizes and good access to shops, medical centre, etc.

Regards

Shahin

Whereabouts are the bargains in BH, Shahin?
A friend sold a family home in BH not long ago. There were a lot of people attending the open house. And, as a result, the house was sold with a very good price and within a very short time.

Apart from transport, these areas are as good as the northern suburbs in my opinion, good shops, schools, nice people, very leafy and most importantly reasonably priced

Consider getting somewhere within walking distance to the bus route 610x/m61, this route has buses every 3mins during peak hours, much more comfortable than trains and can get to the city in an hour

Sam

Have you ventured as far out as Cherrybrook ? The school there is very sought after and good connectivity on buses to the city, lovely community feel as well.

Shahin I had to look after seeing your post. We sold in Baulkham Hills last December. Happy withour sale after 2 opens.

You are correct there seem to be some very well priced homes thewre. I only say seem because things aren't always what they look like in the advertising. Some great locations too.

I live in Baulkham Hills.
IMO , if I were buying here now (for capital growth) I would look somewhere around the newer Crestwood area between Crestwood High School and Barina downs road , Bella Vista - if you are thinking long term. It would be less than 1km walk to the train station when it opens in 4 years at Norwest. Though you will pay upwards of 700k for that.
My other choice (if you have young kids) would be the older Crestwood area within walking distance to Jasper road or Mathew Pearce schools. That would be a slightly cheaper option.

We have been looking to buy a property.... Not finalised on the area of the buy... Were looking at Northern suburbs but... The market seems to be on fire... I really don't get it because on one hand people are losing jobs & on the other the property prices are sky rocketing!

Anyway... Baulkham Hills; Kings Langley; Glenwood and Castle Hill are areas that has properties in our reach. I realise that these dont have a train line but you gotta take what you get... need some advice on these areas!

Good Streets... What areas to avoid... schools, pre schools, day cares... transport.

Please guide!

Hi Sam

It really depends on your budget and criteria. We've bought for many clients in all these suburbs and the market is certainly far from opportunistic now in the median price brackets. We've bought in Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, Glenhaven in the last two weeks alone and the market is moving. There is certainly a different vibe from last year, as evidenced by the buyer activity on the ground and our experiences with agents. Let us know more info and we may be able to help.

What do you guys think about Kings Langley? Im investigating this at the moment for an IP. My impression is that if you stay away from the Lalor Park side then most areas in KL are ok. Is this right? Seems like KL is like the Hills, but bit cheaper and still close to BH and Bella Vista. Any advice is appreciated. Thnx

JJ

What do you guys think about Kings Langley? Im investigating this at the moment for an IP. My impression is that if you stay away from the Lalor Park side then most areas in KL are ok. Is this right? Seems like KL is like the Hills, but bit cheaper and still close to BH and Bella Vista. Any advice is appreciated. Thnx

JJ

KL is a good suburb, I believe. There are a lot of good stock there at the moment and priced appropriately too. And yes, avoiding the Lalor park side will be a good idea too.

Dont OverLook Winston Hills

Hi ,

If you can afford Baulkham Hills and Catsle Hill , I would have a look at Winston Hills . I grew up there and its a great leafy suburb with Parks and shopping centre great Pub the Winston Hotel and properties have increased and will continue . It has great access to M7,M4, Parramatta , Castle Hill and Baulkham Hills .

Recently I had to sell a property as a result of relationship break up and in less than 2 years of owning it, I was shocked and what offers we recived and evently sold for .It was not a mansion a small red brick , 3 bedi , bathroom not renovated on 615sqm block and we smashed it with profit. Ashame I could not hang onto it longer !

Good luck

I am bias but I like Kings Langley - it is friendly, the blocks are large, powerlines are underground, easy access to M2, buses, and a quick bike ride to seven hills station. It is like 'the hills' without the pricetag. Good primary school, but there is no denying there are much better high schools in Castle Hill and Baulkham hills. A lot of parents I speak to love KL, and will stay here long term and let their kids bus it to private high schools in the Hills district when the time comes.

Anyone has any ideas if Attunga Street in BAULKHAM HILLS is a good location in terms of school and public transport?

Hi Raj

Used to live in the street around the corner from here so know it very well :D
Nice street in more established part of B/Hills- nice large blocks, good proximity to shops (just jump over the back fence if it's no. 19 that you're looking at!) and bus transport on nearby Windsor Rd. Lots of schools in the area but what are you after? Public or private? Family feel, easy walk to parks and Crestwood tennis courts, no power lines to worry about :)

We recently bought around the corner for a client and interest was high in the low $700K's price bracket. Best of luck!

It was 19 attunga indeed that I was looking at. After a public school and the price seems to be OK for the house and the area.

I'm also looking in this area (Baulkham Hills, Winston Hills, Northmead etc) but with a smaller budget (around 600k). Considering townhouses and villas as well.

Seriously why are you not considering houses with that sort of budget?

Regards

Shahin

We are looking at houses as well, but don't have much above $600,000 and are also quite picky with condition and 'new-ness'. I know it sounds a bit precious...

Plus our lifestyles are probably not suited to maintaining a house. But anyway still on the hunt for the dream home. Haha.

Back