Glenwood NSW

I currently rent out in Baulkham Hills and am looking to buy a new home in the 500k mark. I might luck out into some townhouses in baulkham hills area (I dont want to live in units/apartments) but among other options, glenwood seems like a nice area.

I got transportation to work sorted out, some nice 3 BR houses for the budget (we are a small family, 2 year old/spouse) etc. One of the important considerations is the safety.

Obviously we 'felt' very safe in baulkham hills. Doing my research on the internet, the crime statistics are higher in glenwood than in baulkham hills.

Any experiences of people living in the area? I hear about breakins which concern me. I am looking to buy around the sorrento drive/glenwood park dr part of glenwood

Glenwood is a decent solid suburb. Pretty new housing stock, though small blocks of land. Its lower than BH/CH as its in Blacktown LGA.

I like it, my next IP purchase is likely to be there for a future PPOR as my business and office are in Norwest.

As for breakins etc... anywhere where people have nice stuff will have break ins, doesnt matter where you go. Theives dont rob poor peoples houses.

I have family that live near the soccer fields. They built there when it was first carved up. Apart from a break in just after moving in, they have had no crime issues. Most of the people in the street seem to have young families.

We stayed there for a few weeks while in between moves. Never had any concerns and often went for walks after dark.

Not sure about the areas around the markets or the temple.

Glenwood, Parklea, Stanhope Gardens are all nice suburbs with good schools, shops, employment opportunities and access to transport, plus the train might go thru one day:cool: I am a local and so are many of our friends. I know there was a cluster of break-ins a few years ago, haven't heard much since. I don't believe this area is less safe than Baulko. Also consider just across the road at Bella Vista Waters houses are selling over $1m, mental but true!

Glenwood etc are fine but don't expect too much for $500K and good luck!
You may have to venture further down the Parkway towards Quakers Hill to pick up something decent for the sub $500K budget.

Back