Beaumaris - Real Estate Agent

An elderly relative is looking to either downsize (so potential sale) or take out a reverse mortgage.

So I need someone who will give an honest idea of the value of the house, with the potential there to become a selling agent for it (but we need a realistic idea, not inflated to get the listing, as important financial decisions need to be made).

Some real estate agents are more honest than others - looking for advice from anyone who may have dealt with agents in Beaumaris - who are the agents that are good to work with, and perhaps more importantly, who aren't.

I realise that we will need more concrete advice at some stage (pay for a valuation etc) but at this stage we are just investigating the options so looking at ballpark figures, etc.

Thanks for your question.

Look, the best way to get an estimate of the price of your house is to do the following:

1) Call 5 local agents and tell them you ARE thinking of selling, ask them to come do an appraisal.

2) When they come tell them that the commission is irrelevant to choosing an agent

3) Tell them you have asked another 4 agents to give you an estimate

4) Also tell them that you will average the 5 prices of the agents estimates and will pick the agent whos quote is closer to the average.

This stops over quoting, gives you a realistic price and tells you who the good agents are.

Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Georgie1,
That is certainly a creative idea and I would imagine it gets good results.

I was hoping, in this forum with all its members, that there'd be one or two people, at least, who had had dealings with RE agents in Beaumaris - from the lack of response, I guess this is not the case.

Back