Beauty products as good as Jurlique?

Hi just a girly sort of question not related to real estate at all... I currently use (up until very recently) Jurlique products and have to say I LOVE everything Jurlique. It's made in Australia (grown in SA) and that is a big thing for me. Aside from the fact my skin loves it and I really believe it does help my skin (which can be a bit sensitive).

Even with discounts and offers etc it is still REALLY expensive and I can no longer justify almost $700 a year (approx) on it. So with a heavy heart I thought I'd try Grace products (made in Australia again) but since using it, I have had pimples and blemishes again like I'm a teenager! My skin hates it. AND its not exactly that cheap. I see it also has alcohol in it with I understand some products require as a preservative but the lovely Jurlique manages to not require it.

Anyway after all that waffle I'm interested in the beauty products you recommend esp. Aussie made and no nasties that my skin would react to.

Try Miessence, these are certified organic and Aussie made. It works out cheaper if you join up. there is skin care, make up shampoo etc

i'd really like to know if anyone has found a reasonable line which doesn't have a brand name price. beauty products are one area that you know you're being charged too much for; large glass (read heavy) jars with next to no product and ever rising prices.

and while we're on this topic; do any forumites have any knowledge about whether all the stuff that is supposed to help smooth and clarify really does do anything? it used to be that you knew it was just hype but there are so many products out now which claim to make visible differences; i'd like to know from a chemical (as opposed to anecdotal) point of view, whether they really work.

Anyway after all that waffle I'm interested in the beauty products you recommend esp. Aussie made and no nasties that my skin would react to.
From someone with a really sensitive skin - I have no problem with Innoxa and Nuskin products, and don't consider them expensive. I don't think they're Australian made though.

cheers

Hi Casserole Dish.

If you love jurlique, and it loves you, then I think you should stick with it.:)
Especially if you have sensitive skin, it really might be the best one for you.
Might even save you money in the long run, without having the hassle & disappointment of buying ones that you can't use.

G'Day CD

Nothing, but nothing, beats Nivea.

I have used Nivea 'milk' for 35 years. Just the stuff in the dark blue bottle, and the 'creme' at night.

The whole family use the milk, as face cream, eye make up remover, hand lotion, after sun lotion, you name it, we use Nivea!

Mike tears his hands a lot, working on machinery in confined spaces, Nivea soothes the best of all products and doesn't leave greasy marks on everything.

I am 59. After 35 years of twice daily using (lots) of Nivea I flatter myself that I look about ...... 58?

Great stuff, love the smell of it, love the feel of it, and best of all you can buy it from the supermarket.

Actually, (although proud of every day) best of all is not looking my age!

My Nivea habit costs about $100 per annum and for a top notch product you couldn't do better than that!

Hope this helps
Kristine

Make my Own

For a few years now i have made my own i love knowing exactly what is in my Skin Care and at 52 i think my skin is pretty good. I have previosly bought only good products last lot was Dr LeWin. But now i have alot of pleasure in doing the formula that i think is good for me eg Cleanser - Base + Aloe Vera + Castille Soap+ Jojoba Oil +Wheatgerm Oil+ Rosehip Oil +Evening Primrose Oil+ etc etc

Fun Fun And I know it is good for my Skin I am not paying for expensive brands, packaging , water et. I invest in beautiful ingredients.

Lorraine

A bit off topic but invest in a good juicer and drink fruit & veg every day (orange carrot celery cucumber pear apple) morning and night. And take some fish oil supplement as well .
It will do wonder to your skin & hair.
And yes my mil has been using Nivea all her life, she has great skin.

Thanks for all your replies. I was about to get more Jurlique since I figured it worked and I really have so few luxuries now that it's the least I deserve :p Seriously though since I've had kids I really don't buy myself anything so my skincare can be my indulgence.

BUT before I do I'll be checking out Natural Instict as they seem to tick all the right boxes, thanks for the link.

I do love Nivea too and I understand when ppl swear by it but again I really want to support Australian jobs etc with my non-essential purchase IYKWIM. Also I can't really use the facial products too much unfortunately.

I'd love to make my own and I have dabbled in soap making a bit but for the fiddling around I much prefer to just be lazy and buy it.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing.

Back