Before there were antibiotics ....

They're all about the excitement of solving the problem; money is - for the vast majority - of no concern, or barely registers. .

That is very true. But where do you think they get the money that pays their salary, lab equipment, workers, etc

It's not researchers that I am talking about. It's the companies with the money that fund the research. A researcher can't just go and research whatever they want. They need permission and funding from the university/institution they are working for.

Cheers

Andrew

Look up hemp oil rather than use antibiotics...Medical profession don't want you to know the benefits though,i wonder why :rolleyes:

http://phoenixtears.ca/articles/hemp-oil-the-real-medicine/

I think that will change at lot quicker then most people think,one only has to look at the $$$$ those shop-front take per day in some States in the US ,some say in Australia the green-Tabaco has a bigger turn-over then BHP..

http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/06/why-legal-weed-is-working-in-colorado/

It is well known that antibiotics are generally very good at killing both good and bad bacteria (i.e. the good flora within our stomachs which assists our immune system). Just curious why the preferred method for delivery of antibiotics isnt then some sort of transdermal or injectable route. or is that purely a cost issue. i did have septicaemia when I was 28 and required a pik line into the heart with antibiotics to kill the bugs. not nice but my gut flora at least wasnt affected.

if Sea Change's patient wasn't going to take any antibiotics prescribed by her doctor, then why go to the doctor in the first place? I don't need a second opinion to tell me that I have a sore toe!

I had a client once who had three boys. She was a nurse. Boys seemingly normal. Oldest one vaccinated and has an immediate reaction. Goes from an articulate to withdrawn and it turns out autistic kid

2nd kid gets vaccinated. Much the same reaction. Autistic kid number 2.

She doesn't vaccinate the 3rd. That one turns out normal.

Austism is a developmental disorder which is not diagnosible at birth.The triple P vaccine is given around the time autism is usually diagnosible.
Its an "association" temporally, not a causal relationship.

Last edited:
Here's a couple of links re the supposed Autism MMR link . The publisher of the original and only scientific article supporting the link has been discredited and disbarred. ( though of course this may just be a further conspiracy ).

http://news.discovery.com/human/health/vaccine-autism-doctor-accused-of-deliberate-fraud.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

My personal favourite vaccination story came from a mother who was bringing in the three older children in for their vaccinations . The father ( from whom she was now seperated ) had refused to let the kids be vaccinated , after the seperation , had contracted mumps and was now infertile as a result of that . Apparently his new wife was somewhat disappointed , but his first wife hsa a sparkle in her eyes thinking of it as a sort of Darwinian revenge .

The story of the three children with the older two having autism is tragic and one of my collegues was involved in a similar situation not long ago . Despite the scientific evidence to the contrary , everyone could understand the parents decision not to vaccinate the third child.

Cliff

By the logic of the anti-vac crowd, they also shouldn't eat food, because people have died in the past after eating food.

Also driving cars, walking down stairs, drinking water, going on a plane, using electronics, going to work, etc.

Yes Cliff, it's the build up of immunity to antibiotics by bacteria that is the worry.

It's all about responsible prescription.

The body does have it's own immune system and anitbiotics certainly dont help with it's ongoing strength.

Get a little dirt on your hands and all.:)
We are too clean !

Last edited:
What really gets to me the most is mothers and fathers refusing to get their children vaccinated yet you have mothers lining up in third world country's for hours on end to get their children a life saving vaccination.

Yes Cliff, it's the build up of immunity to antibiotics by virus that is the worry.

It's all about responsible prescription.

The body does have it's own immune system and anitbiotics certainly dont help with it's ongoing strength.

Get a little dirt on your hands and all.:)
We are too clean !

I'm not sure if antibiotics are an issue in terms of weakening the bodies immune system , but I certainly subscribe to the theory that we live in an environment that's too clean , so our immune system doesn't get a proper work out .

One of the growing areas of illness is what we refer to as auto immune disease , where the body is attacking itself . Possibly because it doesn't have as much real work to do due to our clean environment . On an individual basis we are only occasionally exposed to antibiotics but live in our environment , so the levels of exposure aren't comparable .

Btw , antibiotics are for bacteria , not viruses .

Cliff

Last edited:
I'm with Seechange on this.

We now live in a very scientifically enlightened time in the history of mankind.

And yet there are folks who still think the weeds in the forest, etc are the way to go.

Get your heads out of the sand and grow up I say.

If there is medical help available wich may save you lots of pain and problems later, then use it.

And yet there are folks who still think the weeds in the forest, etc are the way to go.

If there is medical help available wich may save you lots of pain and problems later, then use it.

Doesn't aspirin come from the bark of a tree?

I think you can find a balance. It doesn't have to be all medical or all natural.

I think that will change at lot quicker then most people think,one only has to look at the $$$$ those shop-front take per day in some States in the US ,some say in Australia the green-Tabaco has a bigger turn-over then BHP..

http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/06/why-legal-weed-is-working-in-colorado/

You reckon?Oz is so backward it's not funny.

Though anyway i was referring to hemp oil,with low THC content like eg:0.2&,i have been taking it daily before it went on ACA IE:Since 2011.

Pity though,those with cancer featured on ACA had to travel to US when it's available in OZ.

You can purchase online in oz BUT for animals only...I purchase my stock via pure hemp delight,my goats love it ;)

I'm with Seechange on this.

We now live in a very scientifically enlightened time in the history of mankind.

Yeah stick with meds what medicos prescribe,you live long time.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm not sure if antibiotics are an issue in terms of weakening the bodies immune system , but I certainly subscribe to the theory that we live in an environment that's too clean , so our immune system doesn't get a proper work out .

One of the growing areas of illness is what we refer to as auto immune disease , where the body is attacking itself . Possibly because it doesn't have as much real work to do due to our clean environment . On an individual basis we are only occasionally exposed to antibiotics but live in our environment , so the levels of exposure aren't comparable .

Btw , antibiotics are for bacteria , not viruses .

Cliff

Aren't you are doctor?Yet your unsure of antibiotics are an issue in terms of weakening the bodies immune system?

I haven't had antibiotics in over 20yrs,that said though,maybe i'm an alien:D

There are alternatives and what is a clean environment anyway?

Take the crap and you become immune,it won't work but in the mind you think it does.Build immunity naturally.

Give me 10k and i'll eat a raw chicken,i live i win,i die,10k pays for the funeral :p

Yeah stick with meds what medicos prescribe,you live long time.:rolleyes:
It is widely known that the length of time humans are living is increasing.

This is due to scientific research in the fields of medicine and diet I would say.

For someone not to take an antibiotic is their choice of course, but if it might help you get better, then it's worth a try....especially when a doctor is on the ground, prescribing and seeing the results of a particular treatment every day.

As the husband of a theater nurse, and who worked in an ICU for 3 years I got to see for myself, and constantly hear from my wife about illnesses that go unchecked, or ignored and then escalate.

The news and shows like ACA would have it that there are loads of shonky docs out there (there are some less than expert ones for sure), but I woulds wager for the most part that they help folks live longer and healthier.

I reckon it would be very frustrating for a doc to recommend a treatment to a patient - who then ignores all their advice...

"MR. Jones; you need to lose weight and cut down your smoking or you are in a high risk of a heart attack or stroke"

"I will, Doc"

(Mr.Jones smokes 20 a day, is 45 years old and has smoked 20 a day since 13 years old, and is 175 mm and 100kg's)

And so on.

I saw lots of Mr. Jones in the ICU who ended up losing a leg due to lack of circulation in their foot - due to above lifestyle and failure to heed advice from the good Doc..

Hey BV,

WTH,you should be asleep lol.

Anyhow mate,yeah my departed mother was taking antibiotics daily as she had emphysema.

They done jack to put it bluntly,i reckon imo a placebo would have the same affect.

Mind over matter.

Back